The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a saddle repair shop that you would recommend? I need to get my daughter's saddle re-fleeced and so far the only shop I can find is charging $200. I live up North, but my parents are heading south this weekend, and several more weekends this year, and I will be heading East in a few weeks, through E-burg to Othello area, but I won't be going back for a while so those are out unless they can fix it over a weekend.
If you'd rather PM me than post it here, that's fine. Any referrals are appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Port Orchard, George Peichoto does amazing work. He made my fabulous show chaps, did a custom halter to fit my mom's mini. Great guy and he's got some fun stories from his days as a jockey. :)

However, a caveat is that re-fleecing a saddle is NOT cheap. $200 is on the lower end of what I've heard - you have to basically completely take the saddle apart to remove the fleece and re-attach it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Port Orchard, George Peichoto does amazing work. He made my fabulous show chaps, did a custom halter to fit my mom's mini. Great guy and he's got some fun stories from his days as a jockey. :)

However, a caveat is that re-fleecing a saddle is NOT cheap. $200 is on the lower end of what I've heard - you have to basically completely take the saddle apart to remove the fleece and re-attach it.
I've found a local guy that I didn't know existed until this weekend. He's pushing 70 and quite a collector, but he's a true old cowboy. I think we'll have him do it, and I've found that $200 is the going rate now. I guess we're sucking it up. My daughter has a few months before she can actually fit into the stirrups so there is no rush. I like the idea of a local guy doing the saddle because I'm a fan of supporting local businesses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.