The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post some pictures of your Percheron! They are such beautiful animals, and so majestic.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh, gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I adore the perchy coats!

Reactions: anndankev

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, Ahab is stunning!!

Reactions: Captain Evil

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Here's my Percheron "Big John".

LOL, not quite sure what he was doing here

This is what he does for a "living"

I used to ride him, but he was too green to do much riding bareback and I don't have a saddle to fit him anymore

And he's just about 2000 pounds of personality LOL

And, this is his super obnoxious, half paint son, Taz

He moves a lot nicer than his Daddy does, which is a huge plus

This was taken this last summer as a 3 year old. I wish he'd stop growing right there, but I don't think it's going to happen LOL.

·
Registered
49,754 Posts
Wow! they are SOOOO beautiful. I have ridden one once. He was 18.2 hh. his owner showed me a photo of him jumping a small pickkup truck; right over the truck bed. it was amazing to see a ton of horseflesh in orbit over a car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to buy my first horse and am dead set on a percheron gelding 5-10 years old broken to ride. I'm in VA if anyone has any suggestions as to where I could find one advice is welcome!! Thank you!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Jake, thanks! Yes, he is growing up to be quite the nice looking horse. When he was a yearling, I never would have guessed that he'd look so good...I always figured he'd be one of those horses with looks that "only momma could love" LOL.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Jake, thanks! Yes, he is growing up to be quite the nice looking horse. When he was a yearling, I never would have guessed that he'd look so good...I always figured he'd be one of those horses with looks that "only momma could love" LOL.
I remember you saying that whenever you posted pictures of him. And, ahem, I believe everyone was telling you how adorable he was anyway. :lol:

Everyone's perchies are just lovely! I adore the big 'uns!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have a team of Percherons. This is Smoke, my registered mare, at the Upperville Colt and Horse show in Middleburg, VA:

My best friend Terry and I on Trixie and Smoke:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.