The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my horse a new halter but it seemed like the only personalized halters you could buy were standard nylon and I got a nylon breakaway. I don't necessarily want to get a nameplate for it but would like to have his name stitched on it. Does anyone have suggestions on places I could take or send the halter to in order to get monogrammed/personalized?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Maybe you can look for companies that do stitching/monogramming in your area (not necessarily focused on equine stuff) Any place with a stitching machine heavy enough to get through the Nylon should be able to do it for you. I know a lady at my barn sends the saddleblankets she makes off to a workshop where they do stitching of anything you can imagine, I think even leather!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luce73,
Thank you! I should have thought of that. I just kept trying to google halter monogramming places and couldn't find anything. :)

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
I just bought a nylon breakaway halter from Schneider's Saddlery (Dura-Tech® Deluxe Fully Padded Nylon Breakaway Halter in Nylon / Turnout at Schneider Saddlery) and had a nameplate included, I think it was maybe $15 extra.

I also have this leather halter with nameplate from Smartpak (https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/smartpak-soft-padded-leather-halter-3155) and it lasted for 5 years with a lot of time spent outside.

Not sure if you are looking for someone to add to the halter you just bought or are looking to buy something new, so sorry if I misinterpreted your question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
egrogan,
That one from Schneiders looks nice! I wish I had seen it earlier. I go mine from Smart Pak. It's one of the leather crown ones

·
Super Moderator
13,911 Posts
I know the ones from Jeffers are not break-away style...
The leather one from Chicks I have and use for t/o of my horses if they must wear a halter...
I also use them for when I ship...
They take a lot of abuse, look nice and I've seen them used for show situations many times...plus they are affordable.
Chicks seems to have more of a selection ....
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/standard-trophy-personalized-halter
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com: Personalized Halters
:runninghorse2:....

·
Super Moderator
26,567 Posts
Friday I am going the horse expo. There is a place there that makes them. I have 4 or 5 that I have gotten from there so I will try to remember to grab their pamphlet. They have a website. They are affordable and quick....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a couple of farm stores local to me that do custom embroidery on halters and such. Have you tried going to any local farm stores and seeing if they have anything like that? One of the stores near me started doing this a few years ago, and the other one I came across trying to look for a present for my mom one Christmas. I had known about these places for years, but simply overlooked it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.