The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if some requirement for entry could be implemented, like a minimum of 20 posts, or something.
Quite a few of the entries in April's contest were made by people who have never posted anything, for instance, the winner has 0 posts. That just kinda irritated me because it's supposed to be fun for the forum, not fun for the forum and any random person off the internet who decides to join the forum to enter a picture, yknow?

I actually voted for the photo that won and I was pretty disappointed that it turned out to be someone who has made zero contributions to our "community."

Maybe this is just me, but I'd like to see actual forumers winning, instead of random people I don't "know."

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeeh agreed :D. It kind of erks me that people enter contests on here, or start contests and never do anything else. Often you never here from them again.

BTW lol, I just reached 1000 posts. I feel like I've joined some exclusive club. :D Just had to share it.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
May I also suggest that there be different categories? It was very hard to choose what photo to vote for because there was no guideline as to what we were looking for, other than a "nice photo"

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
^ Agreed. I think it would be nice to separate maybe funniest vs cutest/sweetest vs most graceful/beautiful or something like that.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi guys,

I agree that a member should be required to have a few posts under their belt before entering or voting in our official contest. I've set the requirement to 25 posts.

Next month's contest is going to have a theme. We are currently discussing what the theme should be and welcome you to make suggestions. :)

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys,

I agree that a member should be required to have a few posts under their belt before entering or voting in our official contest. I've set the requirement to 25 posts.

Next month's contest is going to have a theme. We are currently discussing what the theme should be and welcome you to make suggestions. :)
Thanks Mike! That sounds great. :D What about a theme like "Fun in the Sun" or something summer-y like that since it will be June?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Thanks Mike! That sounds great. :D What about a theme like "Fun in the Sun" or something summer-y like that since it will be June?
hey...what about us poor Aussies going in to winter?? :lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey...what about us poor Aussies going in to winter?? :lol::lol:
Oh true... I'm sorry! I do love you Aussies, even though it may not look like it! :lol: Then, I have zero suggestions. Haha

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
haha, I'd have to run out everytime there was a drop of sunlight and take enough good photos to last all winter! :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like the current theme for the photo contest :)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
valid point. I stand corrected :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts