The Horse Forum banner

Photo Shoot Pictures!

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Golden Horse 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a photographer come out for a fall photo shoot last month on the 20th, and what an experience! I've never done a photo shoot before and was extremely nervous I'd look ridiculous like I always do in pictures. Luckily, I happened to get the best photographer ever! She was very patient and had a lot of good ideas for pictures. My boyfriend came to be in some, as well. Here's some of my favorites! :)

This one's my very favorite, our expressions and the mood of the picture.

I love this one because it's got both my "kids" in it! Beautiful Fancy (Appy) and Handsome Comet (Quarter Horse)

Our family shot! This one took forever to get, between the horses and the dog. But I love the way it came out.

This one brings this quote to mind:
"A lovely horse is always an experience… It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words." –Beryl Markham

I definitely look very happy in this one, which I love!

My horses make a cute couple! :)

Fancy looking majestic, and Shadow (my dog) looking a little silly...

This is another high up-there favorite, it shows Comet's personality so well.

Fall leaves!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you both! I think the photographer really captured the perfect moment for that one. And to think I've only had her for almost 4 months now; "rescued" her back in July. She was in perfect health, but either going to a high-kill auction or possibly put down just because they didn't want her anymore. She's a total sweetheart and one of the smartest horses I've ever met.

#8 ·
Those photos are great!

Your were afraid you'd look silly?...Haha, funny girl. You look great in all of them!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: barrelbeginner
#14 ·
#15 ·
I agree with tiny!!! And I also love the very last one with the fence!! :)

#18 ·
Thanks, LindyPhoebeRuby! You should look into it! I'm sure it depends where you are, but I think I got a pretty good deal here, in Northern VA. The photographer said she could stay out for a maximum of 10 hours to get the perfect shots (it only took us 2ish) and ended up taking over 350 pictures. The end result was a private online gallery of about 100 pictures (the ones that turned out good) that I had full access to downloading to my computer, full size. She also offered that if I wasn't satisfied, she would come out and re-shoot for free. Of course, that wasn't necessary! She got the pictures ready in less than a week, including editing out the poop in the fields and such. And she was very patient with the horses moving around. All this was $250! I think it was a really great deal. And having these pictures is priceless. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.