The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we'd get a few happy snaps this morning when I rode around the paddock, it's autumn here now so everything is coming up in beautiful colours. Good chance for some photos.

Be warned, there are A LOT!! :oops:

Going for a hoon :D

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
he's lovely. he'd make a nice addition to my herd, bahahaha

·
Registered
341 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful horse!!! I LOVE the front on chest pic. Soo lovely! Do you do jumping with him? What breed is he? Your pics are soooo good. Thanks for sharing! All of them!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Juna, he's my pride and joy!
He is an ottb actually, but I have had a few people asking me what his lines are thinking he is WB... I'm not complaining, I'm a big WB finatic and have been looking for a decent one for the last year or so, couldn't find anything I liked in my price range and had just about given up to concentrate soley on my university studies, when Hugo came up on the market. I wasn't keen on getting an ottb but he looked so solid that I thought it might be worth a go. He hadn't been ridden since he'd finished racing and had been spelled for a good 4 months, threw a saddle on, jumped on and he was an angle. I HAD to buy him. I'm not really into TB's but this guy just stole my heart. So I like to refer to him as my WB without the hefty pricetag!

He finished racing in october 2009, was spelled until I purchased him recently in march 2010. Has had 4 weeks of work in the arena, a week of work cruising around in the paddock and this ride was after almost 2 weeks off. He is the quietest tb I've had the pleasure of dealing with, SO trainable, quiet and willing.

And nope, this boy is intended for strictly dressage ;) Just getting the very basics down with him at the moment, he's still learning the ropes like working leg into hand but we're getting there. I'm hoping to have him out competing even just doing a walk/trot test in the next month or so. Although a few friends of mine have other plans for him haha, one is keen to event him, and another few think he'd be a great show hunter. I'm not into jumping or showing, but we'll see what the future holds :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Looks like a very nice ride on a very handsome horse! :wink:
Looks very pretty where you ride, too. :)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rocky pony, where I'm riding is my property ;) Not so good as a dressage rider for training, but it's good to have some fun on like today. Usually I keep Hugo at my coaches place to make use of the arena.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Matzki, he's certainly not well trained yet haha, he's only had a month of work since finishing racing, so is as green as grass at this point. I'm just very lucky he's so trainable and willing to learn, he has picked things up so quickly :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow, he sounds like a keeper! I wish you tons of luck with him. I sure do envy you! Thank for explaining your training process so far.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
HowClever, stealing horses is MY thing, you know that!!!

Anyway, back on track. He's beautiful, I can see why people ask if he's a WB; he is built like a tank!!! WOW!!!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
pfffft whatevs lovestory :p
:lol:

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No body is stealing him!! He's my baby, I've waited long enough to get a good'un like him and worked my backside off too haha, he's definitely staying where he is. So nope, he won't even be for sale unless I get to the point where I have to sell everything else and live in a cardboard box :p

My dad has first dibs on him, he think I'll 'give' him to him as soon as I finish uni and get a new horse. HA tough luck old man, I'll be hanging onto this horse until he can't possible take me any further. Which by the looks of it, won't be for a long time yet!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
hahaha
Awww but Kayty, he'd look so good in amongst my herd!! :lol:

In all seriousness though, he is beautiful and looks like he will take you a long way!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
hahaha awww boo! ^^^ no fair. Lol, I hope you do well with him, he looks awsome

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HowClever... how much money do you have? Everything is for sale, for a price :p

But thanks guys, I guess people wanting to steal my horse is a compliment haha!

Will be hopefully taking him out to his first dressage comp on the 20th of June, just doing two walk/trot tests to see how he copes with the atmosphere and see what the judges think of him, but be aware that you will be bombarded with photos! He's my special guy and I feel the need to force him on everyone within reach lol!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You can force him on me all you like :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright but you said it!!!

Trying to pick a comp name to register him under at the moment.
You guys any good at picking names?

Sire is Kenvain
Dam is Night Alert

Hugo's racing name was Sebrle

Best suggestion so far was was 'The only grey in the village'... little brittin fans this is your cue to laugh :p hahaha wonder if I'll get stoned riding around on a horse with a name like that :p

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Loooove the pictures. He really is stunning and looks like he has such a lovely temperament, he will take you far I think. I have to admit that I love to see him event, he would be an awesome XC horse!

Congratulations, I know what it is like to have a lot of bummy horses before you get a good one so enjoy it! I think it's great when people take their horses out of the arena for a change of scenery, there's so much you can still teach away from an arena! Also, the horses love it and it is so good for them when it comes time to compete away from home, he looks like he's having fun!

P.S. I just got myself an OTTB yesterday, she has been running wild (literally) for the last year since she finished racing but there's no WAY I would be able to post pictures here for a while cos she looks like a ragamuffin!! Have a feeling she won't be as calm as your boy either.... Just a feeling I have....

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
gosh, put me in the spotlight! I suck at names, it's taken me months to come up with show names for all my crew. How about.....Nights in Vain, or even Knights in Vain?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts