Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I had the pleasure of going out to the trainers after my lesson today. I was so excited to see my girl!!!
She was so good. She was happy to see me and just wanted to put her head in my chest so I could scratch her ears!
He lounged her first and then got on her. He is working on getting her to take the correct lead tracking right.
She was a very good girl and he had nothing but great stuff to say about her.
So here are the pics!!
I don't think I am uploading them in the right order but I don't think it matters!
I have more photo's ... I will post those tomorrow when I get to my parents home for Christmas.
I am so excited for her.
He says he really feels she has a good mind about her and she is smart.
It got real windy there and it was really cold so we cut things short and i came home. I did take a few short snipits of video, but because it was so cold I felt it easier to take photo's plus...I have not figured out the video stuff yet.
Anyway...let me know what you think! I am going to look into finding a saddle other than a dressage saddle. I am going to be getting a really nice dressage saddle but now I also want a saddle so I can take her to some hunter shows!
Yay for us.
I was so impressed with how this man works with her and the others. Such wonderful patience and he is so easy going. Very nice guy.
Halfpass:D
I love the last pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
you have a beautfiul mare!!! she looks really good! im excited to se more pics!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much! i too am really falling for her. When she was about2 1/2 I thought she was a bit crazy. She was always bouncing around...bucking and rolling her eyes...She was just bored! She still likes well...loves to play, but she has become a bit more settled. No more rolling eyes etc.
She is such a sweet love.
I too am very excted. I will post more pics soon. When I come back from Christmas with my folks I will take another trip and take more photos. He does plan to start her over fences as well.. I can not WAIT to see how she jumps!
HP

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
YAY! Those pics are awesome HP. I love Candi and if she mysteriously does not come home from the trainers, don't check Kansas ;)

I am excited to see how she jumps as well!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
She is quite the looker. Must be really exciting to see her get more and more training. Looking forwards to seeing more pictures and seeing how she does.
Have a good Christmas!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She looks fabulous!!! :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow...
Thanks everyone.
I am very very excited for her too. I let my instructor know I am looking for another saddle besides my Custom dressage saddle. I would like to have another english saddle to use for hunters and later do some jumping.
Here are more from yesterday.
Enjoy!:D:D
ooopppsss a few repeats

Attachments

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Wow, she is gorgeous and looks like she is making wonderful progress. He is doing a good job with her. I love this pic.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks smrobs.
She is special.
I can't stop dreaming about when she comes home! It sucks to not have a horse to ride everyday! I am taking lessons as much as I can, but it will be nice to have her home so I can school and take lessons!
For my Birthday and Christmas I received some gift certs for my favorite tack stores so I have already been looking at a saddle for hunters and a hunt coat. hehe...I am going to try and find a used saddle but looking at them anyhow.
Halfpass

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
She is absolutely beautiful! I am so pleased to hear that she is doing well and I am proud of you going to watch and see the work in person.

Man, she reminds me of my mare *R.I.P* I was given a 2 year old OTTB mare. She was a very dark bay, almost black with brown tips just like your girl. She stood 17hh and took me a long time to get her to be at my level. I sent her off to a trainer as well, and he was a Western Guru just like your Trainer is.

LOL - man, memories! She made an awesome Eventer - but I lost her when she was 8 years old.

Anyways, blah, blah, blah - your mare is stunning and I am tickled pink for you! I cannot wait to see more of the both of you! AND with your new beautiful browband too :p

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks MIE...
She is such a sweatheart. I am going to drop off a bag of LMF feed there possibly next week. I will take more pics then.
Actually the trainer just does a few rides in the western saddle first. He has ridden and trained many hunters/jumpers. Showed a lot as well.

I am sure the browband is beautiful! Haha...

The whole experience is totally great and I can't wait for her to come home.

HP

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
wow she is looking great!

what happened to the other lady that was training her?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kc...
She actually is a few years younger than me and she got a blood clot in her leg. Very scary situation. She is an awesome instructor and was also working well with Candi.
She is now able to give lessons, but still not allowed to ride or work on the ground. She has me down for lessons for this thurs, fri, sat and sun..yay!
I gotta keep riding as much as I can.
Thanks goodness she was told by her doc she could start giving lesson because the other dressage instructor at the barn has no access to a lesson horse. Thus I was already looking to take some at a different barn.
I also have an offer to ride someone's horse at a different location, but it is too frozen right now....we need sunshine!
I am so excited for when Candi comes home!!!! I will get to show this summer!
HP

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Ah ok... Well I'm glad she is ok and that you were able to find another trainer to work with your girl :)

I bet you are excited for summer!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes...I am totally excited for the spring. Right now I wish the SUN would come out...lol
It snowed a tad last night so I am hoping the trainer will be able to work her this week. I know he gets works hard to keep an area clearedso he can continue to work.
I may give a call today and see if I can come up this week, but it may have to wait until the weekend when we are expected to have sunshine!!!
I really miss my girl!
HP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.