The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictures of our new farm =D

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  whiskeynoo 
#1 ·
As promised, I took lots of pictures of our new place last time we went out. We're moving next week and I can't wait. :D

Here's the barn:

Inside:

Part of the loft (they've been using it as a game room):

The pasture... it needs to be reseeded and we have to scrape all the poop out. We have a ton of work ahead of us. But it'll be worth it.

Those are not my horses, btw. But they're super cute. :)

This is a shed and an old dog area. It hasn't been used in years and I think it's gonna be my project to clear it all out and repaint the shed.

The back yard:

And mum's dog sitting in the yard. Look at all the pretty yellow flowers! *teehee* :lol:

Yep. I'm excited. :mrgreen:

Quick question and kind of off topic, but what's the best kind of seed to put in the pasture? My grandma suggested clover, timothy, and alfalfa and a friend said orchard grass was good as well. We're going to fence the majority of it off and supplement our horses with hay until the pasture is ready, as well as let them graze in the back yard.

Once we get the pasture in shape, we're going to keep it that way. Meaning picking up poop daily and probably keeping them in their stalls at night. The people that are there now haven't done anything with it. They just let the poop pile up. But it's going to be really nice once we get it cleaned up. =)

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure where you are but I suggest contacting the cooperative extension and discussing over seeding with them. They can give you good ideas on what will work best with your conditions.

The barn is really nice.

No house shots?

#3 ·
I have one pic of the house but it's at a funky angle. I was too busy looking at the barn. My mom and I practically bought the barn before even looking at the house. Heh...

#4 · (Edited)
I take that back, I can't even find the house shot. :-(
Here's the detached garage, though. That's where I'll be living if I bring home any more animals.

#5 ·
Quick question and kind of off topic, but what's the best kind of seed to put in the pasture? My grandma suggested clover, timothy, and alfalfa and a friend said orchard grass was good as well. We're going to fence the majority of it off and supplement our horses with hay until the pasture is ready, as well as let them graze in the back yard.
My feed store has something called "horse mix". I can't remember what the mix is, but I can find out and let you know if you'd like. It comes up beautifully.
I think the reason we have such great success growing pastures for our horses is how we go about doing it. We use OLD (like.. black) manure and put it in a manure spreader with a revolving end. We chuck in a few apple juice cans of the seed and spread twice a week, as well as everytime before it rains in the spring. We also keep our horses off it - we don't need them pulling up the roots. It grows beautifully and has created gorgeous pastures for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.