The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading a thread somewhere where someone suggested using this stuff called Pink in a horses mane and tail but I for the life of me can't find the thread that mentions it.

This is the stuff
Walmart.com: Pink Classic Light Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion, 12 fl oz: Hair Care

Does it actually work? How does it compare to showsheen? Cause I was thinking of getting the lotion as well as the spray. If it works it's definately much cheaper than Showsheen.

Anyone remember the thread or have any experience using it on a horse?

1,165 Posts

I'm not familiar with the product, but since it does not have any silicone in it, right there it would be better for manes and tails than ShowSheen....

I learned the hard way, was using it all the time (ShowSheen) because it really does such a fantastic job of keeping tangles out. As soon as I realized it was making the hair brittle and breaking, I swore off it for good. :?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've picked some up today. I got the spray and the lotion. I'm going to try it out on friday to see how it works =) I'll let you guys know how it goes.

cowgirlup- I would try ebay and sally's beauty supply might even have some.

1,165 Posts
i use it (the spray - haven't tried the lotion yet) and love it AND it smells fruity without making me gag - always a plus. a sensitive nose is a curse sometimes...

It obviously conditions, but since you have actually used it, how is it as a de-tangler?

Did you find it at your Walmart?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
it's not as great a detangler as say cowboy magic or show sheen, but it does detangle if you use a bunch of it. i use it on both of my boys as well as another horse and have yet to go through a can so the stuff works and lasts.

yes i did find it at walmart although i have seen it at target as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love the pink spray! I buy the alberto vo5 conditioner from the dollar tree and put a little bit (nickle size) of it in the palm of my hand and mix with just a tiny bit of water and rub it through my boys mane. It detangles really well. then once it soaks in a bit I use pink spray or there is an olive oil spray I found at walgreens and that seems to work for shine too.

1,165 Posts
it's not as great a detangler as say cowboy magic or show sheen, but it does detangle if you use a bunch of it. i use it on both of my boys as well as another horse and have yet to go through a can so the stuff works and lasts.

yes i did find it at walmart although i have seen it at target as well.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Pink is all I use on manes and tails.

I disagree with whoever said it doesn't detangle as well as Show Sheen. I think it works ten times better because it doesn't weigh the hair down like Show Sheen does.

It smells very good, makes the hair SUPER shiny, and detangles.

Like I said, it's all I use!

ETA: Some cans also have sunscreen in them, which is a plus!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
LOVE IT! A friend of ours told us about it and got us hooked about 5 years ago...it is all we use now. We use the spray but I have been wanting to try the lotion and see how it works. But I spray it in their manes and tails each time I brush, or if I am putting their tail bags back on. It keeps them soft, shiny, and easier to brush.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.