Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry, I am entirely new to this forum and horses in general so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

We (my neighbors & I) purchased a block of land in Dingley Village (Vic). Part of the land will be used as our backyards. The excess of land (there is a block left) is planned for agistment/grazing. The block is not too big: around 2,000 or 3,000 sq m (may be slightly more). It s semi-rural land (though zoned as general residential) with vehicle access. There are horses just 15 meters from the block but I guess that land is zoned as agricultural.

Would please anybody tell if there is any sort of compliance to adhere to when giving the land for agistment? Is such block enough for that purpose? Where should I look for interested parties?

I tried to google the subject but not much success.

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
So not even an acre and zoned residential. First you'd need to inquire if you could keep livestock and second due to space limitations you'd be restricted to the number. Not sure your climate or weather but here basic recommendation is 2 acres per horse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.