The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
A little back story: I have been riding horses for a while now and have been craving to go on a trip with horses. I don’t want it to be one of those where I go to some place and they assign me a different horse each time I ride and I am assigned certain times I can ride that horse etc. My trip would involve going to a camping spot that allows horses and staying for a week going on trail rides that are within the camping grounds. Just hanging out with the horse, having fun, and relaxing, while experiencing a unique opportunity of camping and trail riding with a horse.

Long story short I may have the opportunity to do this, and I would love suggestions on campgrounds or similar places you know of in the (edit: popular horse locations not just eastern) United States that allow horses and have some really nice trails surrounding the campground. I have a few places in mind, but non have jumped out yet. Near a beach that you can ride on would be a dream come true but more realistically a place with beautiful landscapes and relaxing atmosphere would be amazing as well. Open to anywhere with eastern US.

Disclaimer: I am aware of the responsibilities and dangers that come with taking care of a horse especially in a new place. I am of course open to any tips you experienced horsemen and women have to offer :).

Anything and everything you have would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello!
A little back story: I have been riding horses for a while now and have been craving to go on a trip with horses. I don’t want it to be one of those where I go to some place and they assign me a different horse each time I ride and I am assigned certain times I can ride that horse etc. My trip would involve going to a camping spot that allows horses and staying for a week going on trail rides that are within the camping grounds. Just hanging out with the horse, having fun, and relaxing, while experiencing a unique opportunity of camping and trail riding with a horse.

Long story short I may have the opportunity to do this, and I would love suggestions on campgrounds or similar places you know of in the (edit: popular horse locations not just eastern) United States that allow horses and have some really nice trails surrounding the campground. I have a few places in mind, but non have jumped out yet. Near a beach that you can ride on would be a dream come true but more realistically a place with beautiful landscapes and relaxing atmosphere would be amazing as well. Open to anywhere with eastern US.

Disclaimer: I am aware of the responsibilities and dangers that come with taking care of a horse especially in a new place. I am of course open to any tips you experienced horsemen and women have to offer :).

Anything and everything you have would be greatly appreciated!
Have you looked at Assateague? They have horse camping and you can ride on the beach.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts