The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone on here using or has used Platinum supplements before? I am thinking about switching my guy over to a higher end joint supplement since we are really going to kick it up this season and try to do 3-4 events plus XC schooling once a month and maybe some clinics here and there (he is 14, I think).

I contacted platinum and they recommended I give him the Platinum Performance Equine supplement. BUT the only thing is he is currently on LMF senior, which is a ration balancer so it already has vitamins and minerals in it. I was thinking of using ortho con (the one that is show safe) because it seems to have the most joint support. Has anybody used this or any other platinum products before, and if so what do you guys think of them? My gelding doesn't currently have any soundness issues, but I would like to keep it that way :lol:
Sometimes he can be slightly stiff on warm up, but its not an all the time thing.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I haven't used their joint supplements, but I feed their Vitamin E and Selenium supplements. My vet recommended the brand to me and uses their "Platinum Performance Equine" to her own horse as well. However, she doesn't use their joint supplement; she uses Cosequin ASU.

Reactions: showjumperachel

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only my bank account could handle feeding platinum and cosequin :)

I think I'll do some more research on cosequin ASU and also the smartflex resilience pellets ... it looked like those got some good reviews as well. So many decisions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.