Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am so excited!!!
i was just given my very first horse (for free so i can't be greedy) and her name is Blue and she is an 18 year old arabian.
when i first got her she hadn't been ridden in 8 years so needless to say she was a little rusty. and she had probably not had any real training before hand and if there was any it was western. but i am training her english... so yeah.... lol she is going to be a lot of work, but i am really going to be happy seeing the final picture and knowing that i did it!

so just what do you think of her? you can say the good and the bad! thanks and tell me if the link doesn't work!
ALSO THIS WAS HER VERY FIRST TIME EVEN SEEING A JUMP!

lol, she is the kind of horse that likes to work as a team so when i tried to longe her over it she wouldn't but she would when i ran with her :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am far from being qualified to critique anything. But she's a beautiful little mare...that had a GREAT pricetag. CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
shes gorgeous! i love arabs, and one great thing about them is they seem to last forever, all the arabs i know are in their late 20's and still ridden and going strong!
Good Luck with training!
:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! i hoep i can get her going! i figure that as long as she is healthy strong sound and is enjoying herself she can jump as high as she wants to!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just some advice:
i would just put her on a good joint supplment with HA, glucosomine, chondrotin and MSM to keep her feeling good. my boy is 13 and hes on one just for maintenence.

i dont know if you have a Smartpak store in your area, if you dont you could always order online, but Smartpak has a GREAT joint supplment with added vitamins and probios for a reasonable price.
SmartFlex Senior from SmartPak Equine

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! i was actually thinking of putting her on one just because i want her to last because i love her so much!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I like Smartpak alot because the supplments are really good, and its pretty inexpensive lol.

Keep us updated on how Blue's coming along!

·
Registered
868 Posts
She looks fantastic for 18 and lots of love should last way beyond that. My trainer had many of her Arabians well into their late 20's or beyond.

I agree with another poster. I started my boy on Corta flex just for maintenance since we are starting some jumping but am switching to Smartpak supplements!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.