The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so these pictures are from my last riding lesson on Ed last month. Thanks in advance. Sorry for crappy looking pics, there videostills, so.

^^^ I know my half seat is horrible, just saying.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It looks like your kind of pulled back a little when your jumping. Try rising a little forward more putting ALL of your weight in your heels.
For the picture when your not jumping, you look pretty good. I think you could put your stirrups up a hole or so thought actually. And it kind of looks like your leg could go back a little. Remember: shoulder, hip and heel should all be in line.
You look pretty good though! Good job!!! :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is there any way you can post the video itself instead of just stills? I think if you do you will get a much better response and more accurate critiques. It looks like you were jumping ahead of you horse a bit, especially in that last pic. Also in this last one, are those your reins dangling? Need to keep consistent contact but that goes along with jumping ahead.

Perhaps it would help you to do more work in two point. Instead of rising to two point at a jump just stay there and get a good feel of what it feels like when a jump is not rushed.

You seem like a nice rider. Just keep genuinely working on it like you are!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could post a video, but I accidently deleted on my camera before I could upload to my laptop, that and I don't have a youtube account cuz my parents do let me.>.> Thanks for your critique, I'll do some of the things you said that next I jump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.