The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Pharist, a TB mare that came to my stable cause we took her after her owners wanted to put her down (I dont know why):shock:

She has a rather weak back, so we are lunging her untill its strong again.

She's rather pretty, but Id like to know what you all think...

DSCN2665.jpg

DSCN2666.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2669.jpg

DSCN2708.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,586 Posts
she looks like she could be pregnant. She's cute though. (could be just a hay or wormy belly).

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Her back does not look 'weak'. Are they sure she does not have something actually wrong with it?

Conformation wise she looks to have a very upright shoulder. Not usually a good thing.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's not pregnant, she was just overfed, and underworked where she was, as her owner was scared of her... she's lost some weight though...

We had 2 vets check her over, as the owners told us she had kissing spine... she doesnt. Her back is weak because of to much hard riding apparantly. I found this out when I rode her, she couldnt handle my weight. And Im pretty light, only 44kg's...

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
She is a pretty girl even if her confo isn't perfect. I certainly don't see anything worthy of a death sentence. She looks like a sweetie.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She's a very cute mare! Good luck with her :D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah me too. She actually is very sweet. We got her cause her owners were afraid of her, and thought she had a spine problem, so they wanted to shoot her. So I said I'd take her in :)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
She is very pretty. Good for you for taking her in. I sort of did the same thing with Hunter. Glad to see she will have a good home. :0)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you... Btw Hunter's a good looking horse :) Theres actually nothing wrong with that mare, she just has a weak back. They became scared of her, cause she turned to frisky with them, cause she was fed like 3 scoops of grain a day, and kepy in a tiny field without exercise. Now I lunge her twice a week, for 20 minutes, and she's turned into a sweetie... =)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thank you... Btw Hunter's a good looking horse :) Theres actually nothing wrong with that mare, she just has a weak back. They became scared of her, cause she turned to frisky with them, cause she was fed like 3 scoops of grain a day, and kepy in a tiny field without exercise. Now I lunge her twice a week, for 20 minutes, and she's turned into a sweetie... =)

TY he's my lil man. lol I got him for free because he needed a hernia operation and to be gelded and wasn't being properly cared for. So my free horse has gotten quite expensive. Then of course we had to buy a horse trailer and now I am sending him for training on the 31st. Can't wait til I can ride him, I am hoping for late summer when he is three.

Wow three scoops of grain? I cant say too much I guess cus Hunter is a bit of a tub right now (though he only gets a small amount of grain). When i first got him he had been underfed for most of his life and was very ribby and thin. Once he comes back from training I will be able to start working him more and getting him into shape. He is being a bit of a rebellious teenager right now.

Love to see how your mare progresses with all of your efforts with her :0)

·
Registered
129 Posts
She does have a really skinny neck, and you would have to build that up if you planned on english, or western showing with her.

She is beautiful, I simply love her face, and her body is great, nice hips.

She is great, I wouldn't shoot her :/

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
(I didn't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat anyone. :lol:)

She looks very sweet. :D She has a kind eye and a sweet face. She does look to be pregnant, but I see she was confirmed open. She's tubby! lol She's adorable. Her conformation isn't perfect, but I could never find anything to justify putting her down.

·
Registered
80 Posts
She's cute, her looks aren't killer but I have seen worse conformation. Not worth being put down, I would only do that if the horse is in pain!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.