The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this lady wants to trade me her registered qh mare for my paint gelding. she sounds more suitable for me then my current horse is. now these are not the best pictures in the world, but they are what she has given me. she is not 100% squared up in them. but i think you could get the gist of it. theyre not horrible. . i know nothing of bloodlines..... but here; Cajees Lucy Two Quarter Horse .... figured id throw it out there anyways. please be brutally honest. i need to know if there are going to be problems down the line before i trade her my sound horse.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
She is LONG in the back and something is off on her angles in her hip. There is also something off about her tail set too.

·
Registered
49,353 Posts
the angle of the photo is a bit wierd, I think. makes her back look long.

she is somewhat back at the knee, but otherwise looks pretty nice. But, there's so much more to it than her conformation. I mean, her personality and training. Are they the better fit for you?'
ETA: I see the hip angle , too, but wondered if that was the photo angle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for your responses. she sounds like a good fit for me. i am just looking for a slower paced, more relaxed horse to trail ride. maybe do some local fun shows. nothing extensive. my gelding leans more toward speed events. he loves barrel racing. he will never be a 1d/2d barrel horse. thats for sure. but he sure likes to go. i am not sure if i should make the trade based on your responses. i want a more relaxed horse, but not if i am going to have problems with her sometime down the road. these pictures below are my gelding i am wanting to trade. you can feel free to critique him if you want. i know hes not perfect. but hes a good boy. he just deserves someone that is going to do what he enjoys and all i do is hold him back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I would suggest a PPE, but I don't see anything that will prevent her from being a nice pleasure mount. Yes she is long backed, but if she is kept fit I think she will be OK. Many longed back horses stay sound in to old age.

Will the person send you additional photos where she is set up better? She could be truly bow legged, or it could be the way that she is standing at that second. Same thing with the hip.

I do think your horse has somewhat better conformation (though his front pasterns appear very upright), but as other said conformation isn't everything! If this horse is a better fit for what you want to do and you like her and she passes a PPE I'd say go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.