The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cami is 11 months and is due any time now. This will be her first foal, and I am behond excited for this baby! I have no idea wither it is a colt or filly, but the coat calculator said she's most likely to have a bay tobiano, or black tobiano.. She was bred with a black tobiano Stud. I'm lost on any names for the baby, so any help would be very much appreciated! I need both call name and show name! Thanks! :D

Below are pics of mama (Cami)!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I like the name Nevaeh for a filly. It's heaven backwards . Not sure a show name tho. U could probably do something around heaven or angels or whatever. And for a colt I like Oreo if it is b and w. Kinda original tho... Let us know when u decide. There r lots of good websites on google that have foal names

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha that's funny that you say Willow, the stud's show name had the name willow in it...
I appreciate all the suggestions this far, I know I can't exactly pick out a name without having interaction with the foal, but I like to be prepared with some names.. Or maybe it's just me being way to excited haha!
I like the idea of heaven spelled backwards, but how exactly would that be pronouced? I like Oreo too but there are two Oreo's in the barn where I board my horse. :/
Thanks!
-Britney-

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
was the stud homozygous? Because if it wasn't there is a chance it will be solid. If its a paint that comes out, what about " Painted....Cloud" or somthing for a boy and "Painted Rose" for a girl? Ive always loved those. I wish I knew somone who is having a foal! You must be so excited! Have you read the " mare zfoaling" ryhme? Its so funny,lol. anyone remember it? You know, she looks back through the peep hole and see's TWO pairs have laid back ears!haha, ill try to find it if no one ele can/1 I wish a smooth birth and a happy healthy mama and foal for you! :)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
found it!
Here is one version.
FOALING MARE'S SECRET CODE

The mare's secret code of honor is as old as horses themselves and is ultimately the species best kept secret.
No mare shall ever produce a foal before it's time.(It's time being determined by the following factors):
1. No foal shall be born until total chaos has been reached by all involved. Your house must be a wreck, your family hungry and desperate for clean clothes, and your social life nonexistent.
2. Midwives must reach the babbling fool status before you foal out. Bloodshot eyes, tangled hair and the inability to form a sentence mean you re getting close.
3. For every bell, beeper, camera or whistle they attach to you, foaling must be delayed by at least one day for each item.
4. Vet check, add a day, internal add three. If you hear the words, "She's nowhere near ready. You'll be fine while I'm away for the weekend," Wait 12 to 16 hours and pop that baby out!
5. Owner stress must be at an all time high! If you are in the care of someone else, ten to fifteen phone calls a day is a sign you're getting close. When you hear the words "I can't take it anymore!" wait three days and produce a foal.
6. You must keep this waiting game interesting. False alarms are necessary! Little teasers such as looking at your stomach, pushing your food around in the bucket and then walking away from it are always good for a rise. Be creative and find new things to do to keep the adrenaline pumping in those who wait.
7. The honor of all horses is now in your hands. Use this time to avenge all of your stable mates. Think about your friend who had to wear that silly costume in front of those people. Hang onto that baby for another day. OH they made him do tricks too! Three more days seems fair. Late feedings,
the dreaded diet, bad haircuts, those awful wormings can also be avenged at this time.
8. If you have fulfilled all of the above and are still not sure when to have this foal, listen to the weather forecast on the radio that has been so generously provided by those who wait. Severe storm warning is what you're waiting for. In the heart of the storm jump into action! The power could go out and you could have the last laugh. You have a good chance of those who wait missing the whole thing while searching for a flashlight that works!
9. Make the most of your interrupted nights. Beg for food each time someone comes into the stable to check you. Your stable mates will love you as the extra goodies fall their way too.
10. Remember, this code of honor was designed to remind man of how truly special horses are. Do your best to reward those who wait with a beautiful filly to carry on the mare code of honor for the next generation of those who wait!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Show Me Your Assets (Strut)
Dimestores Magic (Jinx)
Pretty Penny (Moola)
Same Old Song (Ditto)
Back To Basics (Rookie)
Hot Shot On Ice (Glacier)
Penny Wise (Einstein)
Silver Six Pence (Tanner)
Queen Of Hearts (Ruby)