The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out riding and she had a really bad fall. I called 911 and she was taken to the hospital. We just got here and my dad is back with her. She probably broke something and has internal bleeding. I don't know anything more. I just know this will be something that traumatizes me for the rest of my life. Please keep her in your prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Jingles coming from up north hope she isn't too badly hurt.

·
Registered
49,724 Posts
the ER itself can be very frightening. wait and see. hopefully, once they understand what her real condition is, she'll be better than you think. We always assume the worst. I will hope and pray that she is not the worst, but just the opposite; maybe a day or two to rest in the hospital and some time to be at home, where you and your dad can "baby" her a bit. Moms need that .

hang in there!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the prayers, I really appreciate it. She broke 8 ribs and her clavicle. It was really scary, as I'm only 15 and I had to call 911 and sit with her. She couldn't breathe at all and started turning blue. Her cat-scan looks normal which is good. She will definitely be hurting for a long time and probably never will go around horses again. I couldn't help her and I saw it all. I am still very distressed but glad she will be okay. Thank you for your prayers! They were greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
110 Posts
She will be hurting for quite a while but how lucky she is to have such a brave daughter!! Im sure she is very proud of u for being there for her until help arrived. Stay strong and I will be praying for a speedy and full recovery. Hugs...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
I wont lie, she is going to be sore for a while, I did the same, and broke the arm on the other side as well, just for good measure.

I had my accident on 1st July and it took a good while before I got comfortable again. I had to sleep sitting up for about six weeks, but that was OK. I am now thinking about riding again, so it can happen.

She will need lots of help for a while, so I hope you can do some cooking and cleaning for her, sounds like you looked after her well after the accident, well done.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Such a hard experience! I'm so sorry your family is going through this. It sounds like your mom is going to be okay, although all those bones will take a while to mend. But, you know, you said you "couldn't help her", yet help her is exactly what you did. You kept your head, contacted 911, and stayed with her. Just what was needed, so, well done. Hugs to you and your family, and hope your mom makes a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Healing prayers for your mom:) Glad she is going to be ok,sore for sure but grateful it wasn't worse. Good that you were there to help & sounds like there will be more of that as she mends:) ,done good:wink:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you guys again:) She will be staying overnight and my dad will be staying with her.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Prayers being sent your way. As bad as it is, it could be worse! Good for you for keeping strong for her.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Prayers for you, your mom and the rest of your family. Keep us posted on how she is doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.