The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Big head, ewe neck, and cute body. His neck might get in better shape with some conditioning. But what bothers me most is seeing your horse loose with all the equipment around making it likely to cause an injury.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Her head is a touch on the big side and the fact that her neck is a little short makes it look that much bigger. However, her confo seems solid and I would be proud to throw my saddle on a horse like that. I have found that one of the best ways to get good confo pix is to have someone hold the horse in a driveway or barn isle. Also, just for future referance, getting a good side shot of the feet is also important so that the angle of the pasterns can be seen :D. I like her, especially her color. I have always loved a black horse.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
But what bothers me most is seeing your horse loose with all the equipment around making it likely to cause an injury.
My first thought also.

Does your horses eye always run like that?

She/he has an honest face.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. She oddly enough is the second b&w I've had. My first was a cutting bred gelding. Now I know that different breeds carry different characteristics. The big head, short neck what breed are they assoc. with? She was a rescue so no papers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your horses eye always run like that?

No. when we first got her it ran, the vet said it would stop with proper care and it has.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
She honestly doesn't look like a cross of anything to me. Some horses just have wonky conformation. If she gaited sometimes, I would say she might be a Tenn. Walker cross but I don't really think so.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Ew neck, as previously stated. I don't really like his rear either.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
While she's not breeding material, from the shoulder back, she's not too bad. Has a slight hunter's bump and I'd like to see a little higher tail set on her. Difficult to tell much else because we don't have a full conformation shot, including her feet.
Her neck and head do leave a lot to be desired though.
But congrats on giving her a home. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
She looks gorgeous to me ;-)

Is the white spot on her belly from a wound she had before or was she born with it?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
She just needs more neck muscling. Shes pretty cute. Her blaze makes her face look crooked hehe. But I kind of like it. Shes got that big "block" head look. My little guy has that too. Hes a qh crossed with who the heck knows what. Im thinking some kind of draft, his mom had feathers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Work on the top line and with proper muscling the head should come into proportion more. Nice body seems to be correct conformation. I would guess TWH or QH or a cross of the two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She looks gorgeous to me ;-)

Is the white spot on her belly from a wound she had before or was she born with it?
Born with it. She's got one on her other side that's almost idetical.

When the weathers nicer I will bring her to more level ground and have the hubby help me get better shots.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.