The Horse Forum banner

Please, please take care!

4604 32
I have been absent for quite a while, I went to an accelerated nursing program and didn't have time to sleep let alone post. I will try to make this short. 11 days ago someone came onto the property I was leasing (someone lived on premises) and shot my most precious friend. Judging by where he fell, they called him to the fence and put a .22 between his eyes and pulled the trigger. My other horse, a skittish resource mare that wears a breakaway, had her halter pulled down over her nose when we found Jack. This makes me think someone tried to hurt her too but she jerked away. It took us days to get her to let us touch her at liberty again. I raised Jack from birth, the gaping wound in my soul is beyond description and I would save anyone from feeling the pain I feel right now. Please, please be aware that there are crazy people that do cruel things for no reason. Invest in security cameras, bring your animals up at night. Don't let this happen to you. My mare gained confidence from Jack, she was absolutely traumatized by the experience. By the blood on her coat, it looks like she laid down by him through the night and wouldn't leave him. I think this might be one of the only places where people understand the pain I feel. Most think I'm silly, it's just an animal. But I built my life around Jack and I don't know what to do now. He was my motivation for going to school so I could afford to give him pretty green pastures. He motivated me to be a better rider and a better person. For 11 years he was my reason for being. I raised him, I trained him, no one else ever rode him. I'm sorry this has been so long, but there really is no way to put it into fewer words. Thank you for reading.
Reactions: Maistjarna
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
7,232 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Jack. Your post almost made me cry. I love my horses very much and have one I raised from birth, so I know how it is to love them so much. I feel for your mare too. Her fear of people proved to be founded and that's so sad.

I don't think there is anything I can say to make you feel better, but know that I understand and wish you the best. Maybe give your mare some extra attention if you can, since she is mourning now too. Hugs and best wishes!

· Registered
5,541 Posts
Oh, how horrible! Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

· Registered
13,053 Posts
I am so sorry for such a horrific loss. I am livid to know this was intentional. I pray they are found and dealt with with.

This is one of the reasons my horses are fenced off from the acreage up on the road.

· Registered
5,884 Posts
Just reading this made me feel sick. How could somebody do such a thing? Why? I am so sorry, I can only imagine how you feel right now.

· Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Jack. I can't begin to fathom how someone could be so cruel and heartless to do something like that.
Hugs:hug:

· Registered
2,525 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your loss and so disgusted that anyone is capable of doing such a cowardly and low act. No honor at all. People can be capable of such evil and that is evil to take advantage of trust and kindness like that. People are disgusting.

I'm so so sorry :( I hope there is justice for Jack.

· Registered
15,208 Posts
That is scary, someone is walking around with a gun and trespassing and killing beloved animals! So sorry this happened to you and your horse. I hope you called the police, this is insane!

· Registered
2,546 Posts
I am so sorry. Words cannot convey.

This definitely made me rethink my plan of turning out overnight. Even though the future turnout area is surrounded by neighbors backyards in a farm style suburb, you never know what freaks are lurking about. I would hate for anything like that to ever happen to anyone, and am so sorry it happened to you and Jack.

Reactions: Chasin Ponies

· Registered
7,218 Posts
I am so, so, sorry. What a horrible thing. Please do file a police report -- people like this often commit other similar crimes.

My prayers are with you and your breaking heart.

· Registered
3,436 Posts
I am so sorry.. This sounds so familiar, I think we may have a mutual friend on FB.. I read a story not too long ago that sounded just the same. My last horse was sold, and while she was at her owners someone shot and killed her as well, sick (word I won't use here). How people could do that is beyond me

· Registered
92 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your special boy Jack!! :(
Makes me so sick that some people thrive on this type of cruelty.
I hope your poor mare can trust again someday.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
:cry:Your post made me tear up. I'm so sorry to hear this about Jack. That is horrible, evil, & just plain wrong for someone to do such a thing. I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now. It's horrible. :( I really hope somehow they find who it was because they should not get away with it. People are so cruel & it sickens me.:-( I also can't stand those people that think 'oh it's just an animal' no...that animal is your life, your heart, etc. They just don't understand. :-x I am so sorry to hear about your mare having to witness such a thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.