The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mothers house burned down this morning. Thankfully she was not in it and her dogs were at her boyfriends, but she did lose everything that she had.

The fire started sometime this morning. Mom hasn't gotten the official report yet as she was just notified about it by her BF who mom sent over to her house to feed Tomahawk. He called her and told her that her house was gone. Apparently the neighbor had noticed it and called the fire dept., But no one thought to notify mom...

This is the first house my mother has ever owned, her dream house. She had only lived in it for 2 years, and now it is gone.

She thinks it was electrical. I however don't think it is that innocent as I know her recent ex boyfriend, but I am waiting to hear the report to assume anything...

So now my mother has nothing but a few pairs of clothes she had at her boyfriends house. I am not asking for money or anything else, just for you to pray for her that she makes it out of this ordeal ok.

Thank you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It would be horrifying to wake up one day to find you'd lost your life's accumulation of memories and photos and everything else. But thank god she and her pets are safe. I hope things get better for her soon.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your Mothers house. That is terrible , but am also glad that she is ok.
I will def. be thinking about her....That is ashame so close to the holidays too.
Take care

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your mothers home. I can't possibly imagine what your mom and your family is going through. Thankfully no one was in the house at the time of the fire. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wow, i cant believe that no one thought to notify your mum!
I am terribly sorry that this happened to you and your family though, your poor mum must be feeling so lost right now.
Its a true blessing that her and her dogs were un harmed from the fire.
Good luck to her :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your Mum. :(
Thank god no one was in the house at the time, but it must be horrible to lose all those memories. My condolances.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:(

Grim. Say prayers to St Anthony, he always looks after you.

I wouldn't tear myself up with suspicion. Genuinely these things do happen. My cousin's house went up due to a fault in the loft. Thank God they were alright.

Things turn around though, they were pretty miserable for a while but he's just won £11,000 from a £5 bet on 4 the horse races!

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
What a blessing that your mother and her pets were not home! Things can be replaced. Having your loved ones safe is priceless.

Wow, i cant believe that no one thought to notify your mum!
Could it be that no one really knew how to get in touch with your mom? Does the neighbor know the phone number at the current boyfriend's house?

Trying to see a good side: She can have fun shopping for new stuff once she gets her insurance money. :D

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is terrible. So sorry to hear you went thru this. We almost lost our house to a fire 5 years ago. That is so heart breaking especially being so close to the holidays. I hope she can still manage to get back on her feet fairly quickly.

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

·
Registered
301 Posts
:-(I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's house - thank goodness she is okay and so are her dogs! I will keep her in my thoughts and Prayers!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And here it is, all that is left. Thank you all, you are such nice people, that is why I love this forum, you are so supportive!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh my praise the lord she wasn't there and niether were her animals. Prayers going up. Let us know when she finds out what happened.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it wierd to anyone that the bushes that were right next to the house didn't even scorch or tha shed in the background? Or that beam that was right in themiddle of the house, not a black mark one on it, that just stumps me to no end... I found that so odd...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Wow! I am so sorry to hear about your moms house. Fires are just so tragic... I'm glad everyone is okay though...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts