The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically starting this thread for sh*ts and grins. :rofl: I'm in class with nothing better to occupy myself with. What breed/crosses do you think she is?

Ignore the chain, in these pictures I didn't own her when they were taken.

Reactions: Gidget

·
Banned
4,289 Posts
I don't know anything about POA's, but I would guess 3/4 Appy and 1/4 Arab...maybe even all Appy...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm not really seeing a whole lotta POA in her. I'm thinking Appaloosa. How tall is she?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know anything about POA's, but I would guess 3/4 Appy and 1/4 Arab...maybe even all Appy...
Hmmm, I'd never think Arab. Why do you think she's got Arabian? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Reactions: Gidget

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really seeing a whole lotta POA in her. I'm thinking Appaloosa. How tall is she?
POA's look a lot like Appys. :) She's just about 14.2hh.

·
Registered
446 Posts
POA's look a lot like Appys. :) She's just about 14.2hh.
She's just not the typical height for an POA, and doesn't look quite as stout as you see many of them.. though they vary quite a bit. It's entirely possible she's a POA cross-perhaps a heighty Arabian. Or an Appaloosa, Appaloosa/Arabian. POA were bred down from Arabians, QH's, etc to add a little bit of height but are not known for carrying their tails so upright like hers in her trotting pics. She could just be tense in those pics. I have seen some Appaloosas who were definitely influenced by Arabians a lot more than they should have been and had that tail carriage.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's just not the typical height for an POA, and doesn't look quite as stout as you see many of them.. though they vary quite a bit. It's entirely possible she's a POA cross-perhaps a heighty Arabian. Or an Appaloosa, Appaloosa/Arabian. POA were bred down from Arabians, QH's, etc to add a little bit of height but are not known for carrying their tails so upright like hers in her trotting pics. She could just be tense in those pics. I have seen some Appaloosas who were definitely influenced by Arabians a lot more than they should have been and had that tail carriage.
Oh, well I was told her mom was a small leopard Appy [have pictures of her actually] and her dad was a fancy POA and they thought that he might have little Morgan in him :shock:. But yeah she got her fancy pants trot from her dad. The owners still had her mom and she was a nice mover but nothing really extremely fancy. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh, well I was told her mom was a small leopard Appy [have pictures of her actually] and her dad was a fancy POA and they thought that he might have little Morgan in him :shock:. But yeah she got her fancy pants trot from her dad. The owners still had her mom and she was a nice mover but nothing really extremely fancy. :)

Honestly, that makes a lot of sense! I wanna see pictures!!! Bahaha.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, that makes a lot of sense! I wanna see pictures!!! Bahaha.
Pictures of the mare? Or the daddy? Cause I haven't seen the dad, can't imagine what a Morgan/POA would really look like, ecspecially if he was just a large POA pony with a Morgan head. :rofl: But then again I always imagine the most ugliest outcome for crosses so I'm pleasantly surprised when they turn out puuurrrdy. :D

Here's the mare and Annie a few hours after birth

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I'd have to vote for POA. Just her look reminds me of my POA gelding, who - might I add - is almost peaking out at 16 hands. But is in fact the foal of two registered POAs. But aside from that, see the similarities:

EDIT: Honestly she looks a lot more like a POA now that I see the first few pics. My Moe is sort of dainty but I know quite a few POAs built a lot like her.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd have to vote for POA. Just her look reminds me of my POA gelding, who - might I add - is almost peaking out at 16 hands. But is in fact the foal of two registered POAs. But aside from that, see the similarities:
LOVE the molting [sp?] around his eyes! Handsome boy you have!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
POA's are basically Appaloosa/Shetland/Arab mixes so it wouldn't surprise me at all if she had a little (or a lot!) of Arab in her.

And according to the registry, POA's can be up to...I think 14h (the registry measures them in inches, not hands) or 56inches tall so if her mom was an Appy, I'm not surprised at all that she'd come out around 14.2. Especially if her dad was a larger POA.

Anyway, I absolutely adore POAs. If I could have a herd of POAs, I'd do it in a heartbeat. They are just the cutest things. And they often have the sassiest little attitudes...man, I just love them.
Just for funnsies (and for comparisons sake, but more funnsies), here's a few pictures of my most favoritest POA ever. He was quite the little mover too. :)

I hope you don't mind my POA picture spam... :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
POA's are basically Appaloosa/Shetland/Arab mixes so it wouldn't surprise me at all if she had a little (or a lot!) of Arab in her.

And according to the registry, POA's can be up to...I think 14h (the registry measures them in inches, not hands) or 56inches tall so if her mom was an Appy, I'm not surprised at all that she'd come out around 14.2. Especially if her dad was a larger POA.

Anyway, I absolutely adore POAs. If I could have a herd of POAs, I'd do it in a heartbeat. They are just the cutest things. And they often have the sassiest little attitudes...man, I just love them.
Just for funnsies (and for comparisons sake, but more funnsies), here's a few pictures of my most favoritest POA ever. He was quite the little mover too. :)

I hope you don't mind my POA picture spam... :lol:
Not at all, spam all you'd like. :p He is one handsome little [big?] boy!

·
Banned
4,289 Posts
Hmmm, I'd never think Arab. Why do you think she's got Arabian? If you don't mind me asking. :)
She appears to have a muscle composition leaning towards slow twitch fibers, small hooves, thinner bone in the leg than I would expect from an Appy or particularly any Shetland influence, and has an Arab butt - all leading me to think she has some Arab in her. Honestly she looks like many of my Araloosas. The only thing that points to anything other than Appy and Arab (at least to me) is her neck, but many Appys have thick necks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.