The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently had a few pretty bad falls which have led me to want to get a protective riding vest. After doing a lot of research, I found that the Point Two P2RS Hybrid looks like the most promising one. I like how it combines the body protector with an inflatable vest. I was originally just looking for an inflatable vest until I realized that it would not protect me against rotational falls and could possibly not inflate in time depending on the fall.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this Point Two Hybrid vest? Do you like it? Has it been effective in falls?

I was also wondering about the quality of the body protector itself (apart from the inflatable feature). Hypothetically, if I were to fall and the vest did not inflate, is the body protector able to protect me as effectively as other vests without the aid of the inflation.

·
Super Moderator
11,621 Posts
They look like really nice vests. What I find prohibitive is the cost. Could be there is a vest that would work just as well for less. I would say a risk assessment is in order and what you get get depends on what you're riding, how well you ride and the discipline you ride in. I have never ridden in one of those nor do I know anyone that does but there are a couple here that do use inflatable vests and they are happy with them. One has had one deploy in a fall and found it disturbing but the fall wasn't one that would have likely resulted in a serious injury and a typical vest would have offered adequate protection. Still she feels it worthwhile for the what ifs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.