The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the summer working at camp (in the horseback riding department of course) a couple years ago and was introduced to the wonderful world of polocrosse. It was a blast! I'd love to get into it again if I have the chance. Any one out there play/ have played. And any tips on getting started?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I've played through PC and was planning on joining a club this year -But I do too much other stuff and it was too expensive for the few times I could have played. I'll write some more later :]

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've played it at PC too. Don't have any tips for you, but I'd just like to say its heaps of fun. It helps to have a horse who isn't afraid of the sticks though. Nessie was terrified of them when I did it.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I had the wonderful chance to play a game with a real team, it was fantastic!
i love it, so now i went and bought 4 sticks, haha have you ever tryed to get a bunch of dressage people to play PC with you? ya, it'll never happen, lol.
but i have fun fooling around with my mare!

·
Registered
254 Posts
contact your local club.... or if you have friends who play...... borrow a racquet is probably a good way to start and go to training days/ matches in your local area. The people are usually really nice and are willing to help you. If you can borrow a racquet or have your own it would be a good idea to start stick and balling your horse at home get him/her used to it where they are most comfortable- in their stall- in the pasture- wherever on the ground- rub them down with it- move it around them etc etc. Then just ride with the racquet a few times- moving it from one side to the other- leaning down etc etc and then add the ball ........ :) hope thats helpful to get you started

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.