The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from the Australian Pony Club Nationals in Melbourne a week ago and it was amazing! I did the junior showjumping which the first round started at 1.05m.
The coursebuilder was Leeson Sirett (who builds the most technical courses I've ever seen) and the standard of competition was great.
I have some videos - all but two of my rounds.
Bugsy's 13.3hh and he jumped the biggest he ever has at this championships :D
First day: First round was an AM7 warm-up event, so it didn't really count for anything. I had a clear first round but was eliminated before the jump-off because the saddle slipped to a dangerous position :oops: but he jumped amazing!
Second day: First championship event, AM5. Jumps would have been about 1.10m.

AM5 Jump Off: Jumps would have been about 1.20m, we won by 4 seconds!!! :D

Third day: Grand Prix. I was really unhappy with how I rode, got clear in the first round (jumps 1.15m - 1.20m) then had three down in the second round (jumps 1.20m - 1.30m), ended up 17th

I came 8th overall (out of 33) and our team came 2nd overall. Was a fun trip and I'd do it again!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
your pony is sooooo lofty! there were a couple spots where you got pretty lucky... but overall, beautiful riding!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You two looked fantastic! There were a few tight spots but you did well to get through them. Congrats on you placings :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
heyy, i watched you, loved your pony, you did so well!! I did the Mounted games! :p go QLD!!

Attachments

Reactions: Oxer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts