The Horse Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
I happen to live in MD, quite near Assateague Island.
The National Park Service only allows a certain number of people to hunt on Assateague at any given time.
And I believe they need a hunting 'permit' to be there, as well, they check in and out when arriving and leaving the island.
They usually know who is hunting on the island, and generally, they know where they are hunting, at any given time.
They might find out who it was that shot this pony, and the hunter could be charged.
Parts of Assateague Island are owned, and managed by the states of Maryland and Virginia,
and parts of Assateague Island are owned by the federal government.

Most likely they will find who did this and they will be fined and charged.

Pony killed during deer hunt at Assateague | delawareonline.com ...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This comment is rather confusing:?
Anybody that handles a gun, should be able to see exactly what it is they are shooting.

If not, they have NO business with a gun:shock:.

Yep!!
Exactly.
Its not accidental.
If anything it was negligence.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
It could be an accident.

Wildlife moves. You shoot at a deer that is standing there. The deer moves at the last second as does a horse that was not in your line of site when you set up your shot.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I can think of one thing mixed with alcohol that isn't necessarily dangerous, as long as you take the right precautions. :wink:
Ahahahahaha! Nice one! But a lot of the time people don't take precautions...lol

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It could be an accident.

Wildlife moves. You shoot at a deer that is standing there. The deer moves at the last second as does a horse that was not in your line of site when you set up your shot.
Well if that is what happened here then that guy should play the lottery... because that is a one in a million shot. :?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts