The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive been looking for a new horse for sometime now and i have found this guy he seems really nice and im going to go see him in 2 weeks!! :D but before i waste a 5 hour drive hah i want to make sure theres nothing that jumps out at you guys kinda sayin NO lol if you know what i mean .
here he is

Attachments

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Is that the only photo you have of him?

·
Banned
593 Posts
what do you want him for and more photos and a description would help

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hes 5 yearas old dont know breed theres not many pure breeds over here and i only want him for a pleasure horse i dont event in anything. i dont have any more photos as thats all shes sent me but i am going to see him and will be taking my vet with me, all i wanted to know is if you could see anything strange in his conformation or anything will upload mor pics when i go and see him.
emma

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
What everyone is telling you is that they cannot give you what you want because the picture and information is not enough to base a judgment on.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Exactly, it's not squared up so you can't really see all the angles. His back leg is cocked so you can't see the angles there either. His shoulder and neck are pretty much completely covered in hair.

I'm not great at critique but all I can tell from this pic is that he's cute, looks fine boned in the legs, possibly tied in in the front, thick neck. None of those are particularly useful or the things you really need to know and they might not even be accurate given the angle of the photo. He is cute though... :D

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Based on the one picture - and not a very good one for conformation, he looks long backed, unbalanced and not a very deep heartgirth. He also looks like he could be little mutton withered which may present a saddle problem. He may be a different horse altogether if you had some proper photos.

I like his shoulder angle and love his color as well as his mane and tail

Before I spent 5 hours driving and paying for a vet to take the trip with me, I would want a LOT more information and a lot more pics as well as a video.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
He doesn't look deformed in any way so he should work fine for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts