The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think ... this isn't me riding so DO NOT critique but I want your opinions on the horse please ...

The add:
Gelding, Grey, Age: 9, 16H, 1200 lbs, Foaled: 2000, Ricochet is a reigstered warmblood. He is extremely fancy and talented. Must sell as soon as possible, all offers welcome!! Going well under saddle and ready to be finished in any direction. Would be great dressage, cross country, hunter/jumper or trail horse. Started over small courses and introducing the concept of changes. He is awesome on the trails with a group or alone. Best suited for a more experienced rider looking for a project to finish. He clips, hauls, ties and is a farriers dream. He is u.t.d on all vet care and goes barefoot. Completely sound and ready for his next chapter in life. Too many horses forces sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no critiques?

btw: I am not putting his price b/c i don't want that to distract anyone :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
The only thing that really jumps up out me is that he has a super long back. It looks really unproportioned to the rest of his body, I dunno, it just looks wierd haha.

Why kind of "warmblood" is he registered as?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I am not sure... i never thought to ask that :D

Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I really like the fact that he will ride alone or in a group. I don't know if you trail ride, but that is the number one question I ask about a potential trail horse- Will he/she ride alone? I hate it when they are so bonded or barn sour that they won't leave without another horse. So he earns kudos from me on that point without ever having met him. :D

Also, I like the fact that he goes barefoot. I love strong, healthy, sound feet. Another plus!

Like others mentioned, his back looks a tad long, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me personally. It's hard to get a good look at his legs because the photos are kind of small.

I guess one of the main things I would ask the owner, is what makes him a horse for an experienced rider? The answer to that might point out any problems or drawbacks you should know about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I really dont like his long back but otherwise he is cute. Also I think his large body frame makes his legs look short. What are you looking to do with him? Long backs dont usually make for great jumpers but thats not the case for every horse. He could be really talented for all we know.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking to do dressage and maybe a little jumping for fun ... His long back doesn't bother me.

The reason he needs and expereienced rider is because he is strong and needs a strong rider.

I actually think that I found a roan I like better. Haha

·
Registered
965 Posts
Trailhorserider: I really like your avatar picture!!! Also, I agree with you 100% :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey there.
I actually saw the roan before I saw this thread. I think I would go and ride both horses to see what they are like. I like them both, but there is just something with the roan I am uncetain about. I would think you would be able to tell about any issues with the roan, and of course the rider in the vid did not help.
As for this WB, I like the way he looks as he moves, but then again it is a photo and not a video.
If I were in your situation I would ride them both and then decide whom I like or fit with more.
They both are handsome, and the roan has an amazing tail! As for the long back that doesn't bother me.

HP

·
Registered
808 Posts
"Going well under saddle and ready to be finished in any direction. "

Hmmm, when was he started under saddle? Kind of an odd thing to say about a nine year old.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would check what type of warmblood he is, might wannknow what's in that horse before you buy him. Very pretty though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.