The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! My mare has come up lame. According to the barn owner, she was tearing it up in the field yesterday, but by the time I saw her last night she was lame. It seems to be her right front AND left hind. No heat or swelling. Any possible ideas? I'm thinking it's an injury from running so hard in the pasture, but again, no swelling or heat. Higher up the leg maybe? Should I call the vet or let her rest a couple days first?

·
Super Moderator
23,645 Posts
Hi,

Sorry but without more detail, couldn't tell you whether it was further up the leg, her back, or anything else. Should you call the vet? Again without more detail, we couldn't say. However generally, if she's not too lame, I'd give it a few days & reassess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to agree with loosire, without more details there's not really a chance of pinpointing what could be the issue....If after a few days she's still lame I'd get the vet to come out, but if it is both legs on one side and she was galloping around there's a chance she could have just slipped and fallen and could be a bit sore.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Turns out it's probably just an access. However, the vet also suspects white line disease, so I'm off to research that...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well if she ends up having that I do have plenty of knowledge on it given the fact I had to take care of a friend's horse who had it
Let me know :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
23,645 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Turns out it's probably just an access. However, the vet also suspects white line disease, so I'm off to research that...
Posted via Mobile Device
Check out hoofrehab.com as one good source with lots of info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.