The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of looking for a horse, but in no rush. I saw this horse on trademe and was wondering what you guys think, i've been riding about 6 months and used to ride as a young kid, would just be for Pony club, small shows etc. Do you think this horse would be too green?

Advertisement
Cute 15.1hh (approx) 5yo mare with great movement and a super-trainable temperament. Stunning floating paces, very light on her feet. She has a super trot and a very balanced rocking-horse canter.

Well schooled on the flat, working in a corrrect round frame and moving off the leg, knows all the basics, a very light sensitive ride, just lovely! Jumping very well, though green she is showing a super attitude to it all and is just loving it! Takes you to the fence without rushing, easy to stop. Cute technique, tries very hard. Currently schooling 60-70cm at home with ease.

Has been ridden out and about at different locations, and has been to a couple of pony club rallies, but due to rider's other equestrian committments she has not yet been competed. She's ready to go out and do it with a calm competent young rider or smaller adult rider. Ideal summer project to bring on further.

Super to handle in all respects - great to trim (has had shoes on but currently barefoot), float (self-loads, alone or in company), clip (did it my myself with no-one holding her), groom, catch (try keeping her away, first at the gate every time!) saddle, worm etc.

Not sure if im allowed to post photos of her but heres a link
All the hard work done! for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
From that ad, she sounds LOVELY. But it is easy to lie in an ad. For proper critique, some good pictures would be nice, and a video would be REALLY nice. :D

Pretty thing she is though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've asked for a confo shot, should get an email sometime. I also know a couple of people who could ride her for me to see how she is

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got some photos of her sent to me

You can't really see her feet but i hope in the listings photos you can get the general idea.
Ill be grateful for any opinions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think she looks lovely. I'm horrible at critiquing confo, but she seems a bit upright in that part from the coronet to the fetlock in her hind legs. Seems like a really nice young horse at a great price. Would you be able to deal with a young horse though?

·
Registered
223 Posts
you can definatly find something better than that for $2500. Or maybe not in New Zeland, i dont really know. her whithers are too large and her hindend isnt really rounded all that well. Whats her breeding? Before you decide to purchase, definatly get videos of her or go to test her out.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
I think for what you've described wanting to do, she's a nice choice.

I have no desire to pick her apart on confo; sure, she has flaws, but the overall impression is attractive and athletic.

If you click with her when you ride her - go for it!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think she's a bit over priced but I don't really know the going rate in New Zealand either ;)

Go try her and see how she feels to you and how you two get along!

·
Registered
302 Posts
They say in the ad "ideal summer project". I don't know enough about your riding to say if could handle her or not. She sounds a horse that has been trained well in the basics and is just starting to move up. There is nothing wrong with this, she sounds nice, but is it what you want? You would be doing a lot of teaching. I think she may be too green. If you are really interested though go and try her out!

Here in the US, at least in my area (NY), she would be considered overpriced. I don't know how prices are there, but just keep it in mind.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
If she is what they described in the add, I think she is a great horse. Her confo isn't that bad(all horses have confo problems), and her price for my area is a good one for the amount of training they say she has. Have you had a chance to try her out? I would get on her at least twice to see what she is like before going further with a vet check.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had a good think about this horse and think i want a horse with a bit more experience. Now i'm back to square one lol
I was checking out Trademe listings but nothing stands out so far. I'm very tired though lol
here's the page if anyone wants to help and have look too
TradeMe - Horses
Looking around 2000 but can go right up to 3,500 for the "perfect" horse

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
She seems like she likes to suck behind the bit a little in the riding pics. She also jumps kind of flat. She would need a little work on using her back better. Other than that, she's nice looking. Can't hurt to go try her out.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well, no confo from me since you've decided to pass on her lol. I hope you find the right horse though, it's not easy, I know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.