The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been training my dressage horse jumping the last 2-3 months. She was doing well, everything is fine and dandy. 2 weeks ago she was continously bucking/crow hopping after the jump (cross rail). I gave her a break, and had the chiro come out, one whole back leg was wonky, her hock was not aligned correctly and her stifle was messed up. She fixed it and said she was fine now. I wanted to know if this could have been the reason she was bucking? Thanks

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It most likely was the reason or part of a combination of reasons. Bucking is usually the result of pain somewhere. It's great that you had the chiro out to help assess. Also make sure your saddle is fitting well (in winter a horses size can change causing the saddle to not fit as well as before) and that all your tack is in good working condition. If it continues I would look to other things that could be causing the pain while jumping. It could be anything from your equitation, to tack, all the way to a conformation not suitable for jumping as was the case with a mare I used to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.