The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about showing my horse in some western classes this year (not AQHA, only open.) I'm thinking through what I have and really all I'm lacking is a show shirt; I could get a nice pair of jeans, my mom has some boots, I have a hat (it's actually a child's souvenir hat, but it fits and it looks like a real one, I think it'll work for now, it's black), my sister has a Circle Y saddle that doesn't fit her horse but fits mine, and I bought my horse a nice headstall a couple years ago. So if I were to wear jeans, no chaps or show pants, what type of shirt would I need to look for? And what color would you pair with a bay?

·
Registered
162 Posts
well good for you bays go with any color. i like them in red. but thats me. yes you can use jeans but most people dont. if you could get chaps that be best i have a judge as a friend and she tells me being propely dressed is very inportant. for a top you need a long sleeve slinky. here a pic of me and one of my out fits we show western

·
Super Moderator
27,067 Posts
You can get a solid long sleeve button up blouse that would work just fine. You don't need all the glitz. J C Penney's has a brand (Worthington) that would look really nice and you could add either a big necklace from one of those stores at the mall (Icing) or a scarf to pizazz it up. I have fancy shirts and plain shirts to suit my mood. As said before.... A bay can go with any color.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get a solid long sleeve button up blouse that would work just fine. You don't need all the glitz. J C Penney's has a brand (Worthington) that would look really nice and you could add either a big necklace from one of those stores at the mall (Icing) or a scarf to pizazz it up. I have fancy shirts and plain shirts to suit my mood. As said before.... A bay can go with any color.
Ooh, I love that look! Red looks great on a bay or black horse. I'm thinking green or purple for mine.

I was thinking something plain. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.