The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Silver is one of my favorite colors :) I keep forgetting to post here when I"m home, and I can't access my photos at work :( But you can go to my website to see them until I finally remember to post... (also having computer issues so that doesn't help!)

www.CheyAutRanch.com and all are minis.

On the mare's page there is:

Mini Magic's Sugar Baby, aka Sage. She's chestnut appy so doesn't show silver, but has at least one copy proven by having a silver foal by a non-silver stallion.

Landrys Cowboys Diamonds & Rubys is another chestnut (pinto) but she's homozygous silver (tested)

Rodabi-j Tattoos Last Tango is a silver bay (tested) appy

Cinder Oaks Amber Eclipse is a silver bay (tested)

ESM Quite the Diva is a silver bay

Abrias DB Painted Design is a silver bay pinto

HRK Kates Chocolat Creme de Coco is a silver buckskin (tested)

CheyAuts Cowboy Diamond Solitaire is another chestnut with silver (out of H/Z silver mare)

On the geldings page:

Cruise Control is silver black (tested)

CheyAuts ToBe Or Not ToBe is a silver black appy

I think that's it... (other than some untested chestnuts may also have silver, but no way to know with looking at them!)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
ohhh...i love silvers so much....mountainmelody44...your mini is Gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I love the silver dapples/chocolates! They are so pretty!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
oops...meant mountainhorse44...not sure why i had the other in my head...lol...either way your mini is suuuuper cute!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Piaffe! I love her coloring, of course, I'm probably biased lol. That was one of the things that drew me to her when I bought her. Her exact coat color is hard to describe. The best way to describe would be that it's probably close to the color of a chocolate lab, with a white mane and tail. XD I love the silvers and people dont post them enough on here so I thought I would create a thread especially for them :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts