The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your equine quotes that you've made up here:). Here's one I thought of today:

"There are two types of people who can control a raging stallion: The strong man and the horseman. But only the horseman can control the horse without a rope." ~equiniphile

And guys, don't steal each other's quotes. If you want to use someone's, PM them directly. Thanks, and let's see those quotes!:D:lol:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
"dog may be man's best friend, but the horse is woman's" Beau Baby

I know there are many differant versions of this floating aroudn but I came up with this one a few year's ago.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I can't say for sure I created this, but I never saw it anywhere before I used it!

"My horses happiness comes before my own, because if my horse isn't happy, I'm not happy"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Horses are like chips, you can't just have one! I heard this somewhere.......can't remember where.

And on a sign I seen in a store "If there aren't horses in heaven, I'm not going!"

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im positive i didnt make this one up but i just love " if god created anything more beautiful than horses he would have kept it for himself"

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
" People can own horses for a year the right way, and know more than people that owned them for 20 the wrong way"
Wrong way refers to semi-bad riding and bad fencing,etc.
Right way refers to good fencing, pretty good+ riding,etc.
Another one that has to do with the world is: "Common Sense ain't so common anymore, therefore where the word "uncommon sense" comes from"
I made them both up myself! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My horse knows more than me, always has, always will.

Life is in the dirt. Dig in, grow up. (Most good farmers can relate to this, and horsefolk, too. There is a reality among the earthier population that seems to elude the city masses).

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
oh! I got another!
" When your happy, you ride. When your mad, grab a shovel and start a garden"
lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Horses are like chips, you can't just have one! I heard this somewhere.......can't remember where.

And on a sign I seen in a store "If there aren't horses in heaven, I'm not going!"
I have that as my signature:)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
"I like my men like my horses, strong and good looking" Tasia
Non horsey
"Book smarts get you threw school, commen sense gets you threw life"

·
Registered
626 Posts
This is just something I said without thinking the other day. My friend thought it was hilarious.

"I hate it when people say riding isn't a good work out. It's like, really? Then why am I so sexy?" :]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn't make this one up:

"There comes a point in every rider's life when he wonders if it's all worth it. Then one look at the horse, and he realizes - it is."

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
"No, no. I didn't say he had bad conformation. I said he had funky conformation."
Talking to someone about a horse they leased.

"You don't wait for your horse to trot. You start trotting, and he better catch up with you or he's getting left behind."
Advice I gave when I was working at a horse camp with a beginning rider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
" Rule of eights: generate, regulate, compensate".

This will be etched on my headstone, generously provided by my beloved and capable students : ).

·
Registered
671 Posts
this is just very simple but I always say "horses are my therapy, they keep me sane"

I did NOT make these up, but I love them:

We pay our psychiatrists with feed and hay, and they'll listen to us any old day

A horse is the projection of people's dreams about themselves-strong, powerful, beautiful-and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. --pam brown

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.