The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as many of you know i have been looking for a horse forever it seems like, and i thought i had the "one" i had him on trial for 2 weeks and he has thrown me twice so he is going back. So i got e-mailed on this guy (i put an add on craigslist saying what kind of horse i was looking for bla bla) and they e-mailed me. So Here are the stats on this boy:

Name: Look Whats Cooken aka Panzer Age: 6 years old

Breed: Quarter horse Gender: Gelding Heigt: 16+ hands tall

Here is his pedigree Look Whats Cooken Quarter Horse , he is packed with QH race horse, he actually was bred to be a race horse, broke and raced on the track as a two/three year old, but he just did not have the spirit for it, he only had a couple starts.

He is well broke, but it is more so... trail broke i guess you could say. He doesnt know alot of things for barrel racing, like how to bend the rib cage, move the hindquarters bla bla. So he would probably need about 30 days training with the neighbor( she was the one showing him to me, its a long story) (she is a barrel racer and is very good at it) He hadnt been rode in 6 months and the was the first time this person had rode him, and she lunged him for a bit, he didnt buck he didnt do anything, and then she hoped on him and he could of cared less. He loped ok ish, he would cross fire in the back. But i mean 6 months of no riding and he just acted like he had been rode solidly the whole time. So i do like him, but he does need some more training so im not sure.... His price is $2000 which i think he is worth it, but i would also have to tack on another $500 for the 30 days of pre barrel training. Dont judge him to much on the pictures, he isnt down hill built at all, he was just in a hole. He is bigger in person, stouter looking than he looks in the pics. He is very sweet and i was totally comfortable riding him, had a very smooth trot and lope. And i just loved the fact that he hadnt been rode in 6 months and it was like nothing to him, he is just the type of horse you can hop on and go no matter how long its been since you last rode him. Let me know what you guys think. But again dont judge him to much on the pics, there bad pics. He is super duper furry. He could use some weight and muscling.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
hes my fave so far reminds me of fat mare

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I just sent you a PM but I guess this answers my question LOL. I'm sorry that it didn't work out with that last one. Only thing that really bugs me about him is that his back is crazy long and makes him look really weak through the flank and loin. A good broke trail horse is worth his weight in gold but only if you are looking for a good broke trail horse. He would be worth the $2000 for someone looking for a good trustworthy trail mount but I don't know that I would be willing to spend at least $2500 for a horse that may or may not make a good barrel horse. No doubt he is a sweetie but that long back would make it hard for him to get short around the barrels and thus you would have longer times. Does he have the speed and explosive power that are needed in a barrel horse? Not trying to burst your bubble here, cause I know you have had hell looking for a horse but don't get impatient and buy this one just cause you like him and he's a sweetie. There may be other horses out there with the same attitude with more barrel potential.

However, if you are just wanting a horse to kinda have fun with and aren't worried about winning too much on, he may be just the one. He does look like one of those that you could walk into the arena on a loose rein, run the pattern, and walk out on a loose rein.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya smrobs, im kinda half and half lol. I want a horse that i can just have fun on, but then i also want a horse that i could potentially win on. So im dont know lol. Im going back next week to ride him again and get more feel of him and what he can do. She also has a really nice paint mare i might ride. But i would have to make payments on her and im not sure thats something i want to do....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.