The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going to look at this horse, any opinions? Sorry if the pictures aren't perfect, these are the only ones she sent me. Also curious if you guys think her front feet are different shapes or if that is just me/the picture.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I think she's sickle hocked and down hill, but over all a very attractive mare. It does look like something weird is going on with her front feet, but that photo is taken at a very odd angle and isnt the best quality. I think she would be worth taking a look at.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I agree she looks worth taking a look at. She seems pretty nice overall. Somewhat sickle hocked and slightly long backed (though topline looks strong enough). Shoulder could be more laid back, but not terrible. Hard to tell from these photos but she might be slightly clubbed on that left front foot, hence why it looks smaller. She looks like she needs a good trim all around with her heels looking quite underrun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree she looks worth taking a look at. She seems pretty nice overall. Somewhat sickle hocked and slightly long backed (though topline looks strong enough). Shoulder could be more laid back, but not terrible. Hard to tell from these photos but she might be slightly clubbed on that left front foot, hence why it looks smaller. She looks like she needs a good trim all around with her heels looking quite underrun.
I agree with the feet as that's one of the first things I noticed. I agree with the clubby look and see if I can get more pictures of her front feet.

They are asking 2000 obo. Do you think this is reasonable? I am in Ontario Canada

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How old is she? Is she registered? What is her existing training? Need more info to know if the price is fair.
She is 6. Has had a decent amount of trainer by owner. Has team penned last summer. W/T/L , yeilds, back, moves off leg, some neck reining. Registered APHA. Would come with papers.

Current owner is a farrier and recently pulled shoes for winter, apparently no club or odd shape. She said she pulls shoes then waits a week to trim so they dont get too foot sore.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Seems like a fair price. I'd go take a look at her so you can see the feet in person.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like a fair price. I'd go take a look at her so you can see the feet in person.
I'm going to attempt to soon, I just wanted to see what everyone thought before I did as she is a 5 hour drive away so we would be bringing a trailer with us. And hubby said 'If we are bringing a trailer on a 5 hour drive there's no way in hell I'm driving all the way back with it empty' :lol:

She is sending me a video on Friday. I'll post it when I get it :)

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
And hubby said 'If we are bringing a trailer on a 5 hour drive there's no way in hell I'm driving all the way back with it empty' :lol:
Ooooooo, I like your hubby. :wink: Maybe I should look at horses 5 hours away too? HA. Seems like good logic to me!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
What is her breeding? I like her shoulder, she is butt high but not too bad.. many cow bred horses are that way.. Would like to see larger hooves, but overall looks pretty sturdy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.