The Horse Forum banner

Pray for My Baby to Come Home!

36629 Views 256 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  KsKatt
This is a very long story. I will try to summarize the best I can. If there's anything you don't understand, or need clarified, I'll do the best I can.
On March 28, 2012, I broke down and drove to Oklahoma to buy a pony. I'd been watching her ad on craigslist for 3 months. Old, half blind, pony, when they tossed in the word auction I was done for. I paid $200. and renamed her Luvy.

Here are her eyes;

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 257 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
We've had movement. Okay, Tammy S has been keeping Belle for me and she has a lot going on next week. So, I guess there was a meeting of minds and agreement made. The ladies up there, that have been my angels, do live some distance from each other. I guess Begin Again rescue is somewhat in between.
Tammy S took Belle to the rescue, to stay the night. Tomorrow Tammy L, who found the transport, is going to the rescue anyway and will pick Belle up and take her to Heather's place. Belle will stay there the week until Sat when they head for Tulsa.
Four women in New York have made all this possible. One, Tammy S has lived with her, but, if I understand correctly, none of the other three have ever met Belle. Well, now Kirk, from Begin Again has. As I understand, Kirk is the one who received Belle from Tammy. Tomorrow Tammy L will transport, and therefor, meet her.
Now if only Kathy, from here, could get in on the action! Except I think she's in the opposite direction.:-(
Tomorrow it becomes 8 days.:shock:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Now, I'm embarrassed. I left out Kirk, from Begin Again Rescue. She brought people together and made it possible for me to get the money (Belle's purchase) up there so fast. And she is the one who is giving her the stall for the night.
Also discovering that Kathy isn't horribly far away, but probably will be busy. I don't know what time Tammy L will pick Belle up.
So, out of the five women, Kathy may be the only one not to meet the silly filly this whole thing has been about.

Reactions: dkb811

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Any suggestions for food/snacks? I know it's not that long of a trip, but I do figure the day. Take a break in Tulsa, I've never been to the show grounds, and I'm sure we'll need to stretch our legs. Drinks are easy, water, soda and tea. Food needs to be easy and not spoil. I want to take good care of my copilot, show my appreciation for her making the trip with me.:D

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Good news mixed with a bag of bad.
Talked to Heather, they are watching a weather front on the route, in order to miss it they will be leaving early.
Belle will be home even sooner than expected!:D
But, they plan to leave Sat eve, which will put them in Tulsa Sat eve. I hope we can meet up before dark and, at least get pics/video then. It will be well after dark when we get home, that blows any chances here. I never thought I would complain about anything concerning this, but I hate driving after dark. And we are talking about driving in an unknown area.
I was looking forward to a fun day trip with all kinds of photo ops.
Heather said she will let me know when they leave and update me during the trip. I will keep you updated as I get it. Until it's time for me to head out anyway!:wink:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Wow, my brain was busy with other thoughts. They will be leaving tonight and getting there Sat night. I just saw that I said they were leaving and arriving on the same day!:hide:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I will be so happy when the twists and turns stop. I lost my copilot. Sunday was great, Saturday is her middle son's birthday. Kid's are #1, that's exactly how it should be! It started out being a solo trip, so it's just back to how it was.
I did message Heather and ask what the earliest possible ETA is, just to give me something to plan around. She said between 2-3pm. That is much earlier than I was thinking! If everything goes right, I could make it home before dark. We do know how plans tend to go, but even if they are a couple hours late that would still cut down on the dark time.

Do you realize that tomorrow, at this time, I could be getting home, with a very important passenger! :happydance:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
When we were messaging earlier she talked about letting me know when they leave and then keeping in touch. I have heard nothing and my nerves are stretched so tight. Just getting to this point, her talking about bad weather, me just being the type to have anxiety attacks. Being on the road is a scary thing, I know for a fact that I would be on a tightrope even if she were being transported by the biggest company in the world!

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Houston, there has been contact! They are now well passed Cleveland, OH. GPS still getting an ETA of 2pm. I will need to get out of here by 11am.
We can rest easy. The final stage is in progress!!:happydance:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Trailer hitched to truck, cooler in truck, just needs stocking.

Be aware, I have no tech stuff in the truck and only basic cell phone. There will be no updates until I am back, unloaded and she's settled in. Hopefully BY 8pm.

Reactions: dkb811
201 - 220 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.