The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Ever been so tired you couldn't go to sleep. Kinda like that. I've been up, feeding, now getting to feed myself. There is brain function now.
I will load what I have, on camera, and get back. It's not much, pick up was rushed (for good reason) and this am eating. Not exciting!:?

Reactions: Yogiwick

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
The only thing not being uncooperative is Belle. The memory card found it necessary to import every pic and video, again. I am fighting with the videos, I will win!
I decided to concentrate on the few pics I've gotten.

She could use a good grooming, but looks pretty darn good!:D

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Belle shares a pen, w/ two separate stalls, with Cheyenne. Now Cheyenne wasn't too happy at first, would give me dirty looks and wouldn't come up for petting. She is coming to understanding that there is no competition, she still gets attention.:wink: I was glad, the first time I witnessed the two of them running, with Cheyenne in the lead. The first couple of times it was Cheyenne chasing Belle, not looking playful.
Luvy "looks" in her direction and sniffs the air. Belle doesn't seem to notice much.
Belle follows me around, does sniff at me and snuffle my hair. She will look up from her feed, chewing, and watch me.
Yes, it is time to grab more pics!

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Time is flying by so quickly!:oops:
Belle needs to work on personal space, but I have to be careful correcting her. I know the Appaloosa eye, sclera, looks startled to begin with, but once you get use to it you can identify true fearfulness. If I move my hands too quickly she really ducks. She pretty much comes quickly when called, sometimes at a run.
I got a video today, beautiful weather! If I was smart, I would have had the camera with me when I first turned them loose in the yard, Belle and Cheyenne were running and flagging their tails. I had to work to get them moving once I got it.:? If you watch carefully as they run away, towards the trees, they do it, briefly. I need to be more careful about angling the camera towards the sky.:oops:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
My submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
What is a security token?
I can't seem to get it from here or photobucket.
I'm going to try all the options on pb.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid251.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fgg315%2Fsuebarwebb%2FHorses%2FBelle%2FNov%252029%25202014%2520005_zpsxg0iitfq.mp4&title=">
http://vid251.photobucket.com/albums/gg315/suebarwebb/Horses/Belle/Nov 29 2014 005_zpsxg0iitfq.mp4

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
One of them worked!
Both Belle and Cheyenne will flip their tails up over their backs. Got to be some Arabian blood for sure.:D

I almost forgot to mention that, either some others kept up on her feet or she remembers well. Babies are so easy to work with. I worked with her a lot on body work, moving over, touching, picking up feet. The first time I cleaned her feet all I had to do was touch her leg and say foot. She raised her foot to me, as a matter of fact, when I headed for the fourth, final, foot, she was picking it up before I even got there!:D I am so proud of her!!:clap:

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
A well overdue update.:D
Little miss Belle is playing the part of a naughty child quite well! I am looking forward to consistently decent weather for some good consistent work.:wink: I do get after her every time she is mouthy and pushy, but we do need to get serious about some real training. Ground work only of course. Here are some pics.

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
I do not know how those dark corners came to be, I checked that nothing was in the way.
I'm trying to record her white hairs so I can keep up with any changes. As much as I am looking forward to seeing her shed out, I'm not thrilled that she seems to have started with cold weather still due.

221 - 240 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.