The Horse Forum banner

Pray for My Baby to Come Home!

36629 Views 256 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  KsKatt
This is a very long story. I will try to summarize the best I can. If there's anything you don't understand, or need clarified, I'll do the best I can.
On March 28, 2012, I broke down and drove to Oklahoma to buy a pony. I'd been watching her ad on craigslist for 3 months. Old, half blind, pony, when they tossed in the word auction I was done for. I paid $200. and renamed her Luvy.

Here are her eyes;

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

· Registered
16,204 Posts
Shes definitely a BAB. Does she have appy in her, or POA (can't remember what you said her breeding was and too lazy to look :lol: )? Her lips are mottled, which is an LP trait.

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
It has been a long time since telling about them, here's a reminder.

Dam;

Sire;

Yikes, I had forgotten we had those rolls of old wire in the yard! They have been disposed of. And the stuff that blew in (Kansas wind) is picked up.:oops:

· Registered
16,204 Posts
So dam is a POA. That explains the mottling. The white in the tail could be just random white hairs.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
12,003 Posts
The white in the tail is either random hairs or (my guess) from the LP, I'm guessing she's going to varnish out a bit.

Glad she's doing so well.

They are all shedding, hopefully they know something we don't ;)

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
I'm sorry, I thought I had posted this already.:oops:

March 14,2015. Belle turned 2 years old. Hard to believe so muh time has passed, even though part of it dragged on for, what felt like, forever.:-x
I have got to play with my camera video to get more familiar with with what is what. I thought I was taking a video, but I must have done something wrong, nothing was there. I just can't tell what is happening when the screen is such a glare I see my own reflection.
Here are some pics anyway.

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
I did get one video, when I first went out to get Belle. I interrupted quite the nap! I need to do the research and see just how long a horse must lay flat out before it's too much.
I was stunned that I got so close to Cheyenne without her getting up, until I started getting a little worried. At first I was amused, teasing her that I'd caught her laying down. Anyhow, see for yourself.:lol:

Reactions: Yogiwick

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Thank you everybody!:D
I have to admit to being rather surprised at how shiny she is in March, needing to shed.:think: Nobody, but the Shetland, got very fuzzy this year. Extra hair for sure, but not like winters in the past. We did have some really cold temps, but not even a week before 40s and 50s. Actually, it roller coastered so much nobody could get acclimated. Well, it is Kansas!:lol:

· Registered
145 Posts
I just read this start to finish. So happy you got your baby back home.

I am from Western NY/Northern PA and to clear up some unanswered questions, yes Tim Carnes is real, a farrier, and a good guy. I have used him a couple times and he is an excellent farrier. Really like him. I know he hauls all over, too.

Reactions: KigerQueen

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Should I start a thread in "Horse Colors and Genetics"?
Post a few pics of Belle the first few weeks (of life), then around weanling, one year and two years of age. Having the thread to add to through time.
3/29/15

At the rate my computer is just letting get from one pic to another, posting more pics would take all afternoon. But, that one gives you an idea of how she's shedding out.

Reactions: dkb811

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
She is stunning, how tall do you think she will end up?
Wow, I really did mean to get back to you sooner!
I did get Belle onto as level ground as possible, and she measured 14 hands even. Sire was 14.2 at the most and dam is 13.3. Can't see her getting much taller. Not sure if she would get all the way to 14.2.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.