The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for some prayers at this time. Mom was diagnosed 4 years ago with a slow growing brain tumor but now my dad has just been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor(just this morning). Showed up out of nowhere. He's always been very healthy.
He has a couple weeks to live which might be extended a little longer if he makes it through a round of chemo. I'm still in shock at this point and tho I've cried enough today for my eyes to be insanely puffy, I unfortunately know its only the beginning.

I'm asking for some prayers, not for his recovery because his battle is just about finished, but for him to find peace and for us to be able to find peace and love.

God Bless everyone on this forum.

Kelly

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
oh my gosh. I am so sorry and I hope there is some solution to your family's illness.

((HUGS))

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
Oh Kelly, my heart is crying for you and your family :sad:. You've gone through a lot and now this.

I keep you all in my thoughts and wish your dad will be as comfort as possible.

You can always PM me if you need to talk more over this or something.

Hang on there.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Oh Kelly! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry to hear , can hope it responds to chemo. Bless you and your folks.

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
Kelly I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I will be praying for all of you.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Oh Kelly, I just don't know what to say. I'm horrible with this sort of thing. Just know that I am here for you, no matter what. If you need a friend call me, if you need to yell, sream and swear, I'll listen, if you need to run away you are welcome here.

Whatever it is, just let me know. I'm so sorry.

I'm thinking about you, your folks and your siblings. ((HUGS)) Wish I could do more.

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
I'm sorry. I will put you in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of this! I hope you and your family are able to find peace in the end. :(

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Kelly, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I just called you, I hope that if you would like to talk, or need anyone to just pour over some ice cream with you, I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I know exactly how it feels to have someone who has always been so healthy to all of a sudden get sick out of the blue. I hope that he responds to chemo, if only to give you all a bit more time to be together. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Oh, Kelly. I am so sorry. I am crying for you and you are all in my prayers. I wish that there was something that I could do to give you all some small measure of comfort or peace. My heart is with you and I pray that what time you have left together is filled with love and togetherness. ((((((((HUGS)))))))) to you and your family.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Oh my goodness. I don't know what to say that could bring you comfort, but know that I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Oh my gosh My2Geldings - I am so sorry about the news. You and your family will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

Sending good vibes and ringing bells!

·
Registered
301 Posts
:cry:I am so sorry - how awful for you and your family! I will keep you all in my thoughts and Prayers - Bless your heart - Hugs.....

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
so sorry to hear about the health of your parents

Cancer is a dreadful disease. last year in March it took my
uncle (brain tumor also), toward the end of april my sister
of blatter and lung cancer, and in the middle of sept,
my dad with cancer of the bile duct and intestine. (6 months
after they found it)

It is so hard to watch and not being able to do anything
medicially for them.

But with my sister and my dad hospice was wonderful for them
and the support for the patient and family was amazing.
My sister passed at her home with the family and a hospice
nurse taking care of her. My dad was in a hospice care home
the last few days (basiclly in a coma state) and the nurses and
staff were wonderful.

His birthday was the 13th of sept., Dads and Moms 60th
wedding anniversity was the 14th of september and he
passed at 1am on sept 15.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
oh kelly that's terrible news!!! i know there aren't really words that make any of this better or easier but do know that our prayers and thoughts are with you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.