The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's less than 2 weeks until the Preakness. Even though I don't believe we have a chance to have a triple crown winner this year, it's still going to be a very interesting race. The field is not set yet, but there are several who have expressed intentions to enter.

Figured I would start this now, @aubie, hope you don't mind me doing it first.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Country House will likely be heading to the Preakness, same for Code of Honor, War of Will, Bodexpress. Improbable is a definite entry. Also 3 new names not in the Derby are likely... Laughing Fox, Alwaysmining, and Anothertwistafate. Sueno, Signalman, Owendale, Mr. Money and Bourbon War are also looking at the Preakness.

Having no clear favorite, no one standout, I think will encourage more people to enter and seek a win or top 3 finish. It's going to be an interesting race.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-ra...eaning-toward-preakness-bid-for-country-house

Maximum Security is a definite no for the Preakness, which I completely understand. Looking forward to seeing him race in the future though.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Bourbon War looks intriguing at this point. I like Improbable, but think Game Winner would be the better of the Bafferts to send. Seems like he is well suited for this one.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Sorry he is sick and hope he is better soon. Big picture, aside from possible triple crown implications, it's ok. Should be ready for the Belmont which thinking should be more to his liking.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear Country House is not doing well after the Derby. Sounds like Code of Honor is off the Preakness trail too. Still going to be an interesting field, especially some of the horses coming in that weren't in the Derby.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I still have not watched the Derby because of what occurred and all the various opinions after. Although from what I've read and heard, while it was a heartbreaking result, the call was sound. It is unfortunate that Country House will not run in the Preakness (good call though if he is not acting 100%), but sounds like it will still be a good race to watch. Onward and upward ... hope to see both Country House & Maximum Security in the Belmont ...

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
It's bad enough when the general public spouts of nonsense, but when racing people start it's really frustrating.

I noticed Bloodhorse disabled comments on some articles. Wise. One in particular about a certain individual tweeted stupidity and said it was because of political correctness. Absurd.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't know much about racing, or the entries, but does anyone know if Tacitus is going to be in the Preakness? What a STUNNING horse.

ETA- Why isn't Maximum Security racing in the Preakness? Is it not allowed because of the DQ at the derby?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I will check on Tacitus. Thinking he will be skipping Preakness in prep for the Belmont. Tapits do so well there.

Maximum Security is allowed to go to the Preakness, He just isn't.

Personal opinion only- his owner is showing his behind and not going to any triple crown races.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Also saw where Pat Day Mile winner, Mr. Money will stay at Churchill and point to a Grade III race a little later on. Probably a wise move. Although I thought with some of the heavier hitters out, maybe a spot for some to take a chance. But absolutely nothing wrong with their decision to run him where he most likely fits.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Just saw a report that Omaha Beach's surgery for trapped epiglottis went very well at Rood and Riddle in Kentucky. He will remain there for observation and is scheduled to return to his home barn at Santa Anita on the 19th.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
In another live report I just saw, Britney asked Bob about his 3 and the Derby. He says that Florent told him that Roadster just flattered out at the half and just didn't have anything. He will get a little freshing.

Game Winner ran fine, just had to go wide. Said he stopped by Rood and Riddle for a scan and everything is fine.

Said Improbable came out of it really well, and is doing great, why the decision to send him. Said he has natural speed but doesn't get to it right away. That blinkers helped him in the race he wore them, but hurt him at the gate so they won't be used again for him.

He is hoping Mike can get him out a little better was the reason for the switch. But " the Ortiz boys rode him just fine"

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Just saw another interview. Beaten Kentucky Oaks favorite, Bellifina also got a check up at Rood and Riddle and received the all clear. She is staying on a small farm there in Kentucky a while, and pointing to return in the Test Stakes at Saratoga.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.