The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading more about horses being shocked or even electrocuted by mis-wired trailers, incorrectly grounded engine block heaters, and power outlets or extension cords without grounds. I think that everyone who plugs a trailer or pickup truck into any type of power outlet should be using a non-contact AC tester to confirm there's not an electrical hot-skin condition on the vehicle or trailer which can be deadly to horses and humans alike.

So please read this article I've written about hot-skin testing trailers using a Fluke VoltAlert: RV Electrical Safety: Part IV ? Hot Skin | No~Shock~Zone...

I've also done a video that shows how to do this simple hot-skin test on a full size 40 ft toyhauler trailer:
‪howtoseminars's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Both links include articles about extension cord overheating, understanding volts and amps, and picking a surge or voltage protector for your trailer.

We're now planning a series of No~Shock~Zone seminars around the country to teach electrical safety for RVs and trailers of all types. Please contact me if your group might be interested in hosting a seminar at your rally or event.

Also, please let me know if you think this information should be posted on any other forum here, possibly under horse health.

Mike Sokol
[email protected]
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top