The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After alot of soul searching I have decided it's time to find a ridder for my girl that can ride her and enjoy her. I am just too timid of a ridder. Neither of us enjoy our rides together.
Gracie is a 5 year old Halfinger Appy cross. She is aproximately 14h tall and very healthy. I have had her for about a year now and she has never had any health issues. She has great feet that are strong. I've never put shoes on her.
Gracie is trained to the hilt. She resonds really well to leg cues as long as you establish your the one in charge. She can trot all day long and has a smooth trot.
My question is: I bought her for $500 and then put $2100 into her for training.
What is she worth? I would like to advertise her as $3000 so that gives me and a potential buyer some room to work with.
Any advices? I will take more pictures and video of her being ridden by my husband.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think $3000 is good to state, because as you said that way they can work down and *think* they are getting a deal, when really you're getting your money back. You say you are too timid to ride her, what does that mean? Does she buck or spook a lot? Or are you just afraid of ruining the training? I'm confused on that part.
She's cute, young, and healthy. If you aren't looking to get rid of her in a hurry I would say $3000 would assure that she would be looked at by serious and experienced riders more than just the run of the mill "horse people" who don't know anything and would get in over their heads. She needs a good home, and good homes don't look for bargains, they look for quality. $3000 with room to neg. is great... IMO.
LOVE HER COLOR! :)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Forget selling her, just give her to me :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.