The Horse Forum banner

When you are using the bathroom

• Door Closed- sorry I'm shy

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Door Open- go ahead invite the neighbors in!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Door Open but don't you dare come in!

Votes: 4 18.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered how may other couples are like us.
When your using the restroom or taking a shower do you demand privacy?

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
When your using the restroom or taking a shower do you demand privacy?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If an old rich guy came in and wanted to marry me and give me all his money weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
We shower together most of the time,we use it as bonding time more than anything, time jsut for us to chat and be close and such, not sexual or anything, just spending time.

But when it comes to potty time I like my privacy... If I am doing something in the bathroom and he has to pee, sure no prob, not a big deal, but if it is me that has to go or he has to(ya know) it is door shut, radio on(and ceiling vent for him hehehehe)...That is what we have 2 bathrooms for lol

·
Super Moderator
26,791 Posts
I only shut the door to go poopy-potty. Shower and peepee-potty I just leave the door open, partly because I'm too lazy to shut it and partly because someone will be banging on the door if I don't leave it open. I don't mind the people so much, it's when the cat wants to get in my lap or the dog wants a drink of water that I get irritated...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well considering that I'm in a dorm room it's door shut. At my parents house my room is in a different part where you go upstairs so if I shower then sometimes I leave it open just because no one comes to my part.

If I'm at my mans apartment then same thing. Sometimes we shower together, just depends.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I only shut the door to go poopy-potty. Shower and peepee-potty I just leave the door open, partly because I'm too lazy to shut it and partly because someone will be banging on the door if I don't leave it open. I don't mind the people so much, it's when the cat wants to get in my lap or the dog wants a drink of water that I get irritated...

So eloquently put. this is the same in my household. And when I really have to peepee potty when I just walked in the door and I've been gone all day, EVERYONE is in there trying to get on my lap!!! cat dogs boyfriend lol but cat only wants to drink the water when im done.

ok gross.

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
I don't mind the people so much, it's when the cat wants to get in my lap or the dog wants a drink of water that I get irritated...
How about a cat in pants? :lol:

Personally I always keep the door closed and locked, except sometimes in night when I'm pretty sure that none wants to come in and because of the small house clattering with a lock would interfere other, sleeping people. I think I'd do that even I lived alone (some kind of irrational fear that somebody would break in my house just when I'm taking a shower or spending some quality time in a restroom, perhaps? :lol:) or with a man.

I'm very conscious of my privateness.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I only shut the door to go poopy-potty. Shower and peepee-potty I just leave the door open, partly because I'm too lazy to shut it and partly because someone will be banging on the door if I don't leave it open.
Same in my house.

Love the way your worded it.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
lol, I am not shy at all with my Husband. It is only he and I who live together. If he has friends over, of course I shut the door, but if it is just he and I - meh, who cares.

If I am taking a shower, same thing. I don't care.

Hubby on the other hand, if he is peeing, he doesn't care, same with a shower - but if he is doing *LOL, as Farmpony says* Poopy-potty, he closes the door.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have an open door policy at our house. Maybe its from having only one bathroom. Our last house had a master bath that was open to the bedroom with no door, just a partition around the toilet. I'm pretty sure that's where it started. We are polite enough to give a shout out and turn on the fan if its a no fly zone :lol:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I am a very private person and I ALWAYS close the door. If hubby happens to walk in while I'm peeing he pretty much runs out, he knows how uncomfortable it makes me. However he has no issues using the washroom while I'm brushing my teeth or washing my face or whatever in their. I'm totally shy, he's not at all.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Interesting question!
When I was with Matt, we were not shy whatsoever. With Rich however, I refuse to use the washroom (toilet) if he's in there with me, and vice versa.
If nobody's home, I don't bother shutting the door, the cat will howl at it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Uhh, I never shut the door to pee or shower. Even if I'm at a friends house - I can talk better and listen better with the door open!

I am not shy in the least and will pee in front of strangers. It doesn't bother me!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
HEHE, our cats ALWAYS seem to need to be n the bathroom with us. Iva likes to drink form the potty after it is flushed(freshhhh water lol) and Hiro likes to cuddle when we are on the potty and will do exactly as the picture someone posted, take a nap in your dropped pants! hehe Not really shy with the kitties...

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Interesting question!
When I was with Matt, we were not shy whatsoever. With Rich however, I refuse to use the washroom (toilet) if he's in there with me, and vice versa.
If nobody's home, I don't bother shutting the door, the cat will howl at it.
LOL at the cat issue -- When you dare close a door in our house, you WILL hear about it, LOUDLY -and expect to see at least one set of paws reaching under.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I am SUPER shy about the potty issue. I always shut the door. I don't even like to go "poopy potty" if he's home. And we've been together well over 3 years! If I'm showering though I leave it open. I don't care if he comes in. He on the other hand always leaves the door open (if it's just the two of us home). He will go either number 1 or 2 (lol) when I'm in there brushing my teeth, doing my hair, showering, whatever.
If it is just me home though and something good is on TV I will leave the door open so I can see the TV haha.

·
Super Moderator
26,791 Posts
I smell like roses... pretty pretty roses...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I smell like roses... pretty pretty roses...

:lol::lol::lol: Bahaha! That's what Ryan thinks. He says all girls poop smells like flowers!!!

...then I laugh at him...

He's in denial...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts