The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yeah, I wonder this too. I hear like what the above poster said, the same way as in a saddle, then I also hear relax and let your toes touch the ground....??

·
Registered
245 Posts
it does not matter if your in a western, english saddle or no saddle at all. your posture should always be the same.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
^ i dont agree with this, because in jumping your position is different from WP.....
but i think as long as your balanced and in the sorta right position you usually ride in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes jumping is different. but still your legs should be underneath you, heals down, straight back..ect

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
^ oh ok i get what your saying, like, all the basics should be the same.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ive always heard that you sit forward more, higher on their back but not that you are on the wither

·
Registered
780 Posts
I sit normally, except that I do not force my heels down. I just let my toes hang. When I make my feet into the normal riding position with the heels down, I create tension through my body and to me, it's better to be relaxed when riding than the worry about your heels.
I hope that made sense. =P

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
All I know is that I heard you're supposed to sit higher up, as said above, so that it's more comfortable for the horse. I just ride normally, but a little more 'relaxed' so that I flow better with my horse.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It already helps for me if I can just go ahead and keep sitting :lol:
I think it is indeed the same as regular riding!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
sitting the trot means dont post. I find the trot to be alot easier bareback than with a saddle on but thats probably just me. =) And yeah your posture should be pretty much the same as when you have a saddle on but you should relax your body so you stay with the motion of the horse.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I find the trot to be alot easier bareback than with a saddle on but thats probably just me.
Yeah, same here! It is very difficult to sit my Quarab's trot in a saddle (English and Western) but he is so easy to trot bareback! I think it may be because you can feel their muscles move more bareback and you can "match" their movement. But it is weird lol :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
sitting trot is exactly that, sitting. you do not post/rise. use your core muscles to help you sit with out getting bounced all over the place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.