The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new saddle and was using it with a Saddleright pad, but the saddleright pad just wasn't looking right on him (for lack of better term "dipped" in the front. The saddle fits, just need a different pad. Tried a 1" wool CE pad on him and it looked much better. My question is: has anyone ever used any of these pads and did you like them? Why or why not? Also what are your opinions on the materials used for the underside of the pads? I have only ever used wool and the saddle right bottoms.

These are the pads I am looking at:
1st Picture) Classic Equine SensorFlex Felt Top Saddle Pad
2nd Picture) Classic Equine ESP Felt Top Barrel Pad
3rd Picture) Classic Equine Zone Felt/Fleece Pad 31x32 Black

My other problem is that my saddle is a round skirt and not a square skirt. Would a square skirt look okay with the round skirt?

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Loved my SaddleRight when I rode dressage on our first horse. When I sold it, I didn't loose much $ at all.

Square pad with round skirted Western saddle; Our horse is pretty long backed, so that combo looks fine on him. I needed a new saddle pad anyways and went with an Impact Gel barrel style. My friend also has a round skirted Western and went with a 5-Star barrel pad.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention that if you go with a barrel pad, check out the dimensions as there usually is quite a difference in the length... It took me some time to adjust my brain from a square pad (32") to my new one (28") as far as placement of it on his back and the saddle placement on top.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Not a fan of Saddleright pads...Tried one out, seen it on others, never cared for them.

I do, however, loveeee Classic Equine pads. I especially love the BioFit pads, but all the ones you mentioned I would have in a heartbeat too. I recently went on a soul searching with my pads and found that I love their stuff!

Reactions: BarrelBasher
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.