The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[[][/[]I can't help but bragging. My 14 yo grand daughter was in her first two shows the last two weekends. The first was 4H and the second was the barn she boards her aunt's horse at. The horse is 21 yo and she just introduced him to English 3 months ago. She rode both English and western in both shows and there were as many as 15 in a class. She got 5 - 1st places, 3 - 2nd places, 2 - 3rd places and Grand champion trial horse.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,771 Posts
Sweet memories.
Congratulations for all!! :clap::clap:

Stiff competition and she did wonderful.
What a learning experience.

I must say I am envious...
I too have a gray... a dirty gray who no matter what I do can not keep his body forget his tail white and clean for more than a day..
Your horse sparkles from care given, another high-5 to who ever wields the brush and elbow grease on the animal.
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Congratulations! I can only imagine how proud you are! They look like a wonderful team!

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Aww. You should be proud.
What a lovely old guy your granddaughter has. I bet he was quite something in his prime.

I was a 4-H horse girl too. We didn't have fancy tack, fancy clothes, or fancy horses, but we worked very hard for those ribbons. My sister had a fat 13.2 mostly-white tobiano pony -- he'd be called a cob now but in 1970's California that was a word we'd only read in books. How we scrubbed him for those shows! I distinctly remember attacking his yellow-stained hocks with a toothbrush. Here's a photo of my sister, age about 10, on her way to winning the high point trophyover quite a few far prettier horses.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts