The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,760 Posts
Of course you can!! Sandie and I do well with dressage (eventing) :)

Here are some pics, although we're just learning to drive from her hind end and get some collection and I don't really have too many of those pics yet (just the last one, the first day we started learning!).

I think QH's make CUTE dressage ponies! What everyone else has mentioned about being built downhill is true and something you have to deal with, but QH's just have such GREAT personalities and are generally really willing to work and are SMART and I think that's what makes them so easy to work with!

And I don't know about some others, but my mare has a MEAN free walk because of her natural head carriage! She'll take her head all the way to the ground, on the buckle, and still propel herself through with her hind end! We always get high scores there! ;-)

· Registered
4,760 Posts
I talked to my trainer and he said that he doesn't think his owners want him to do dressage. I am so sad but hopefully they change their minds. =(
Awww :-( Did they say why? What is he doing now? Dressage is great cross training for almost all disciplines (with the exception of a select few). It just teaches your horse to be more balanced and carry themselves, and to be attentive to very subtle aids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.