The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everybody!

As many of you know I already have a Colt that I am raising, but I have decided I'm going to get a mature broke horse to ride in the mean time instead of renting.

I am a big guy, 6'1" and about 270 lbs, so I need a bit larger horse.

I found this guy a couple of days ago on CraigsList, I think I may very well get him, at 16 hands he is a big hoss.

I am not going to be back in town until the 26th, so hopefully he is still there when I get back, but if he is I suspect my 4th of July week this year is going to be pretty awesome.

His name is Tank, I think its very fitting.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Pretty brown boy! Looks like he'll suit your needs perfectly. Fingers crossed he's still available when you're ready. :)

Maybe talk to the seller and let them know that you are interested, but you will be out of town until the 26th? Maybe they'll hold him with a deposit from you?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty brown boy! Looks like he'll suit your needs perfectly. Fingers crossed he's still available when you're ready. :)

Maybe talk to the seller and let them know that you are interested, but you will be out of town until the 26th? Maybe they'll hold him with a deposit from you?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am anxious to see what color he actually is in proper light, you can see so much yellow on him which is from the light in the building there.

I have a feeling he is going to be a pretty handsome boy.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
The cinnamon on his muzzle and the underside of his foreleg indicate he's brown. He'll probably look what most people call dark bay, except for those cinnamon points.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: BigNickMontana

·
Registered
166 Posts
Exciting!! I hope it works out for you. He looks a very sturdy, useful type. I love his name. Plenty of photos please if you do get him!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got some better pictures.

I have a feeling he will live up to his name. That boy can move.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So sounds like tank is not going to work out, so the search continues.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awh what happened?
It sounds like he is more horse than my skill level, he has some issues, he either wants to stand still or go full bore ahead. He takes off like a rocket and doesn't want to walk, owner tells me they have to cool him off by walking him from the ground. :gallop:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts