Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Who likes and/or has QH's? Lets see and hear about your QH's :D

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
Nocona Lee Callender "Nico"

Here is my boy...big, black and bad as hell! lol Love those Quarter Horses!

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
My pride & joy at 1.5 years old. We have been together since day 1.

There are many others though...

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is Dandy's Little Jewel, a.k.a Dandy. I posted some pics of her in the "Horse Pictures Sec." I just purchased her in February. Dandy is a 7yr. old, 16.2H, Appendix QH mare. Dandy has had extensive training in the Western classes. So this year we will be doing Western and next year (really this fall) we will begin English and Jumping.

Here's a little funny story about her. When I go into feed in the mornings. I give everyone there breakfast and grain. I then go back and clean their corrals and take off their blankets and put on their fly sheets. After removing their blankets, I usually take a moment to give them a scratch in their favorite spot. Dandy loves to be scratched just behind her withers along her back bone. She will follow me around and stand where ever I am trying to scoop up poop until I scratch her. Well I didn't have time the other morning, so I kept ignoring her and asking her to move so I could scoop poop. When I went to put her fly sheet on and was bent over at the waist standing infront of her buckling the front straps, she gave me a scratch on the back with her lip and then nipped me. I guess she was telling me this is what I want you to do and she reinforced her suggestion with a little nip.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I love QH's! my horse is TB/Hanov, but she looks like a QH for some reason, haha and she has the mind of one. except she looks like a warmblood under saddle....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Introducing Miss Hollie.

We have been through hell and back and i would never have it any other way...

QH's all the way i say

Here she is my 14.2 and absolutly amazing...

"Shez Got Attitude"

28042010(001).jpg

28042010(002).jpg

28042010.jpg

hollie 003.JPG

hollie2 002.jpg

Hollie New 019.jpg

HOLLIE 004.jpg

·
Registered
803 Posts
I love my quarter horse! ... and I never thought I would ever say that!

My first (and only other) horse was a National Show Horse (1/2 arab 1/2 saddlebred) and he looked like a tall, sleek arabian. I've always been an English rider and had friends that did cutting/reigning on their quarter horses and would mock-tease them.

Now, as fate would have it, I have a wonderful palomino quarter horse who is as muscular and big-boned as they come (at least thats what everyone around the barn tells me) and I just love him to death!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Woo, I love QH's. I can't say they're my #1 favourite because I have too many, but they are definitely in my top 10. Here's Ricky aka Maverick aka Rickster aka Hairy Butt Fur Pony. His registered name is Deposition, he's by Statement out of Delightfully Noble. He's strongly halter bred, but is the ugliest horse you'll ever buy. He's got horrible knees, and will never be a halter horse, but he'd make a **** good pleasure/PC horse. I love him all the same, but he is up for sale.

That photo shows his horrible knees and his crazy owner :)

That would've been a good photo if he didn't decide to stand up and do a pee.

·
Registered
269 Posts
this is my club. i'd take a QH over anything else. true, mine now is an appy, however he was my first and he's about like a QH. and one of the horses i'm riding for this gal ain't hers, but i may try to buy him because, well, he's pure cow pony. except he's got way too much energy like my wife's TB... don't quite make sense of that one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.